Proposal: Toronto/Chicago

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
While I don't like the trade for either side, you must be delusional if you think Kane gets that kind of return.
Equivalent of two late firsts and a mid first? Its probably pretty close to what he would get in a purely futures package

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Before the season started I proposed trading Kane to expedite the rebuild. The main pieces of the trade were Kane to Buffalo with some salary retained and Dylan Cozens to Chicago, with extra players/prospects/picks exchanged to make it make it Cap neutral and fair for both teams. The rationale being the Hawks would be getting a top-10 dynamic player on his ELC and Buffalo would get Kane at an affordable cap hit to help propel the Sabres into the playoffs - not to mention the marketing bonanza of bring their native son home. Well ... that was before Dach broke his wrist and Cozens played so well at the WJC which meant it was very unlikely Buffalo would entertain thoughts of trading Cozens.

That was then - and I'm happy it didn't happen. Kane has been leading the team and contributing to the development of the young players. There's no way I trade him now unless it would be stupid to not trade him and Nylander doesn't come close to that. Especially now that there appears to be some motivation problem with him - not unlike the knock on his little brother who is on LTIR for the Hawks.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
While Chicago gets molested in this proposal the biggest problem is you fail to explain why Kane would approve.
He didn’t grow up there, didn’t have any Leaf bedsheets or jammies. Nor is he chasing a cup he failed to actually lead a team to.
Kane doesn’t even go to Buffalo anymore. Family visits him in Chicago.

So then WHY?

Because he wants to win. He wants to be in the playoffs. I definitely see a 2nd act for Kane somewhere other than Chicago. Kane is the type of player who will still score 65 points when he’s 38 years old.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
CHI says NO. To get Kane, add Amirov, Sandin, a 1st, I think this starts making more sense, oh and add to that for the retention :D

HAHAHAHAHA

Kane, soon to be 33 for Nylander,Amirov,Sandin and a 1st... yeah no. If its Mcdavid/Draisaitl or 25 year old Pat kane maybe

(Mod, adds nothing to post)

Last edited by a moderator:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Are the Leafs a Patrick Kane way from winning the cup? I think no. Kane is an elite winger but if Toronto is parting with Nylander, Sandin, Amirov and their 1st it should be to upgrade their blueline.

the leafs might not be anyone away from winning the cup..1st place in the division (which is softer than before) and the entire NHL

toronto isnt parting with any of the guys you listed, and they arent in the market for D, especially with Holls play of late and the expansion draft coming

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
HAHAHAHAHA

Kane, soon to be 33 for Nylander,Amirov,Sandin and a 1st... yeah no. If its Mcdavid/Draisaitl or 25 year old Pat kane maybe

(Mod, adds nothing to post)

typical fan. A prospect is worth more than a NHL star. Look at what O reilly got add on that that s 1 recent 1st (sandin) + 1st + 2nd + 2 depth players and it happened BUF got fleeced because guess what ? Prospects Are no sure thing. Remember when Bracco was worth a lot ?

Reactions: HawksDub89

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
typical fan. A prospect is worth more than a NHL star. Look at what O reilly got add on that that s 1 recent 1st (sandin) + 1st + 2nd + 2 depth players and it happened BUF got fleeced because guess what ? Prospects Are no sure thing. Remember when Bracco was worth a lot ?

And for some reason its always leafs fans that can’t comprehend this.

I too remember the days of Bracco being untouchable.

Imagine thinking a few prospects that likely won’t amount to stardom aren’t worth trading away for a current NHL star. The logic just isn’t there.

If the hawks trade kane (which they likely won’t) they absolutely would be getting A-level prospects and picks back.

Go back and look at drafts and check out all the “can’t miss” guys who ended up as ordinary players.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
And for some reason its always leafs fans that can’t comprehend this.

I too remember the days of Bracco being untouchable.

Imagine thinking a few prospects that likely won’t amount to stardom aren’t worth trading away for a current NHL star. The logic just isn’t there.

If the hawks trade kane (which they likely won’t) they absolutely would be getting A-level prospects and picks back.

Go back and look at drafts and check out all the “can’t miss” guys who ended up as ordinary players.

Thank you ! Every fan base is so optimistic about their prospects it's crazy. As I always say, if you run for a cup, most likely your core is done in 6/7 years when your prospects hit their prime anyway, it is worth it to spend them to help right now. I am MTL fan and I would not hesitate to trade Caufield (arguably more promising than Amirov and Sandin) in a package for Kane if I thought MTL was one Kane away from contending. Kane is a generational player and he is currently arguably better than the Kopitar, Malkin, Crosby of this world, but sure he is not worth a few prospects.

Reactions: HawksDub89

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
Patrick Kane is not on the trade block.He is playing at high level and become a leader on this hawks team full of young players.He will remain with the hawks.Maybe a trade to reunite Nylander brothers can happen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad