Proposal: Toronto- Carolina

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
With the news of Reimer close to being dealt and they are very interested in Andersson, and with the Leafs looking for a top 4 rhd.

To Toronto-
Hamilton
13th overall

To Carolina-
Andersson
Nylander

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Hamilton (assuming re-signed) = Nylander
#13 >>> Andersen

Replace #13 with Mrazek/Reimer and it is closer. Only makes sense if Hamilton and Carolina can't reach an extension.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Must not value Andersen if you're gonna spell his name wrong but asking for 13th overall for him seems way too high. Canes likely draft Askarov with the pick.

Who plays net for the Leafs after this deal?
Campbell gonna play 50~ games?

Reactions: WreckingCrew

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Where is this source on Reimer being dealt? Andersen to the Canes makes alot of sense. Would not touch Hamilton; and cant see the Canes giving up that high a pick for Andersen,

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

LeBrun saying the Canes are getting lots of calls on him. As many Canes fans have said, he's a perfect backup making $1 million. Won't be surprised if he is moved for a 3rd or 4th soon.

That's far from "with the news of Reimer close to being dealt."

On Andersen, Friedman's actual words were less aggressive, too: "the Carolina Hurricanes have interest in Frederik Andersen..." (#19 --> 31 Thoughts: Players make unified anti-racism statement from bubble - Sportsnet.ca)

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Must not value Andersen if you're gonna spell his name wrong but asking for 13th overall for him seems way too high. Canes likely draft Askarov with the pick.

Who plays net for the Leafs after this deal?
Campbell gonna play 50~ games?
The Leafs would get someone to play goal for them by the beginning of the season. They can trade Andersen before getting another goalie.

Reactions: teddygmr

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
I know Hamilton only has one year left but a top pairing RHD who scores 40-50+ points at 5.75M/year is pretty valuable. The lack of term might even be a good thing to a lot of teams with the cap stagnant.

Reactions: Luckylarry

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I know Hamilton only has one year left but a top pairing RHD who scores 40-50+ points at 5.75M/year is pretty valuable. The lack of term might even be a good thing to a lot of teams with the cap stagnant.

In the offseason, not really... it's not like the cap is going up next year... especially if you're talking about a "Hockey Trade" player-for-player.

Hamilton will likely hold his highest value (certainly in terms of picks/prospects) at the deadline.

If you're trading for him now, and therefore investing $5.75m in full year cap space for him, presumably you're going to want to have at least some level of confidence that you can retain him beyond this year.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
In the offseason, not really... it's not like the cap is going up next year... especially if you're talking about a "Hockey Trade" player-for-player.

Hamilton will likely hold his highest value (certainly in terms of picks/prospects) at the deadline.

If you're trading for him now, and therefore investing $5.75m in full year cap space for him, presumably you're going to want to have at least some level of confidence that you can retain him beyond this year.

If Carolina can't come to terms with Hamilton then they will offer him around the league and let teams negotiate an extension to maximize trade value. Same thing they did with Faulk.

More likely than not the Canes will sign him though.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
If Carolina can't come to terms with Hamilton then they will offer him around the league and let teams negotiate an extension to maximize trade value. Same thing they did with Faulk.

More likely than not the Canes will sign him though.

Call me crazy... I don't think Hamilton is going to be an easy player to sign... I think he has to test the market.

Yes, he ticks "every box" that you'd want in a defenceman, but there are holes in his game that require a partner like Slavin to cover up. He'll be 28 years old and he'll be looking for his "career-making deal".

He's got the numbers, the size, to shoot for Subban, Josi-type money; but even pre-covid; I think he would have been looking more at Trouba-type money -- post COVID he'll be looking at less; and I think that's going to be a tough circumstance to put pen to paper without seeing the open market.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Assuming Hamilton isn't interested in re-signing with Carolina...

#15, Liljegren, Anderson for Hamilton & Reimer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad