TJ Brodie
Mark Jankowski
2019 1st round pick (CGY)

:flames
Nazem Kadri
Kasperi Kapanen
2019 4th round pick (TOR)

Rationale:

Toronto doesn't have to necessarily go UFA searching for a defenseman when they can acquire Brodie, who I think would strongly consider re-signing with them. Although he is not a RH shot, Brodie plays the right side and would be a good fit to slot on the right of Rielly or Muzzin. Plus, he's better than Gardiner and Hainsey, whom the Leafs should move on from. Jankowski would be the perfect 3C for the Leafs and would have him for another year at 1.675m. He's an RFA, lives close over there, would imagine he would re-sign with the Leafs. Very good PKer, so losing Kapanen wouldn't hurt at all.

The Flames do this because they could use another center, who can really boom offensively if given the chance. The Leafs have Tavares and Matthews, Kadri most likely would never bump them from their spot. Moanhan and Backlund are good, but Kadri could easily slot in the top 6 where Backlund would be more used as a 3C and sometimes a 2C if his game is on. Monahan and Kadri could be switching off as the 1C/2C. Kapanen would fill a RW need, especially with Neal not turning out to be what we had hoped and also Frolik only having a year left on his contract.

Don't know the Leafs D very well, but I will give it a shot.

Rielly - Brodie
Dermott - Muzzin
Rosen - Zaitsev

Top 3 Centers: Matthews - Tavares - Jankowski

Flames lineup:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Tkachuk - Kadri - Bennett
Frolik - Backlund - Kapanen
Mangiapane - Ryan - Hathaway
Neal, Czarnik

Giordano - Andersson
Hanifin - Hamonic
Valimaki - Stone
Kylington

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
The Flames would be the most hated team in the league with Tkachuk, Bennett, and Kadri. :laugh:

I don't exactly hate it personally but adding the 1st is overkill from a Flames perspective. Which probably makes it undoable from a Leafs perspective.

Reactions: Groo

mitchthemitch

Jan 10, 2019
Toronto
The Flames would be the most hated team in the league with Tkachuk, Bennett, and Kadri. :laugh:

I don't exactly hate it personally but adding the 1st is overkill from a Flames perspective. Which probably makes it undoable from a Leafs perspective.
How about Kadri + Kapanen for Ryan + Hamonic + 2nd ?

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Toronto would prefer to keep the players still in the playoffs on their playoff roster.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Heck no!
Leafs stay far away.

Think...

Bennett
Andersson
1st in 19
2nd in 21

For

Kadri
Kapanen
4th

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Wasnt Brodie a mess without Gio?

He just didn’t do well on the left side. Gulutzan had some handed ness fetish that if you’re left handed, you’re an LD. Brodie has always been a better RD.

He’s been fine, just has some brain farts. He’s a really good skater and would be a good player for the Leafs as their #2/3 behind Rielly/Muzzin.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I've been on the Brodie train for a while I think he'd be perfect with Rielly , Muzzin could play with Dermott and the Leafs would have a rock solid top 4

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I dont hate it. If Kapanen's RFA number comes in too high or they cant somehow get rid of Marleau/Zaitsev, than I'd be more interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->