Proposal: Toronto Calgary (Not for a Dman)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think Calgary would rather not make this trade even if Toronto added a 1st rounder.
This is hilarious to me, yourself, other Oiler fans and Canuck fans are all saying this kind of stuff, yet Leafs fans continue to argue. Generally when I see rival fans defending a stance, it usually opens my eyes; but man, they don't even blink and double down on the nonsense.

Reactions: thadd

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
This is hilarious to me, yourself, other Oiler fans and Canuck fans are all saying this kind of stuff, yet Leafs fans continue to argue. Generally when I see rival fans defending a stance, it usually opens my eyes; but man, they don't even blink and double down on the nonsense.

Tkachuk hasn't done much to warrant the sensationalizing of him that's going on. Hasn't had one 60 pt season yet. He's a 50-55pt player. The grit factor is merely a difference in playing style not in impact. We have the same thing with Kadri, its a double-edged sword and is playing style related, not impact related. And yet you Calgary fans think he's worth more than am 80pt franchise centre in his prime (Tavares). That's what's hilarious.

You guys always feel the need to raise your player's standard to the team you are in discussions with regardless of who that team is.

It happened with Bennett years ago and it's happening again with Tkachuk

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Tkachuk hasn't done much to warrant the sensationalizing of him that's going on. Hasn't had one 60 pt season yet. He's a 50-55pt player. The grit factor is merely a difference in playing style not in impact. We have the same thing with Kadri, its a double-edged sword and is playing style related, not impact related. And yet you Calgary fans think he's worth more than am 80pt franchise centre in his prime (Tavares). That's what's hilarious.

You guys always feel the need to raise your player's standard to the team you are in discussions with regardless of who that team is.

1 guy said the bolded, 1. We as a fanbase don't think that.

The argument is that he is worth more than Nylander.

I notice you ignore posts like my previous one
Keep in mind the guy with 12 more points, also played 14 more games. When Tkachuk was injured and shut down for the year, they were separated by a single point. The point per game pace over 82 games is a mere 2 points different. Also, Nylander played on a much more offensive team and we all know that impacts a players stats. Tkachuk was involved in 22.69% of the Flames goals despite missing 14 games (at the time of his injury Tkachuk had been involved in 25.39% of the Flames goals), while Nylander was involved in 22.59% of the Leafs goals despite playing all 82 games.

Also, let's look at linemates, because again, it makes a difference on a players numbers.... Nylander spent most of his time with Auston Matthews, who averaged over a point per game. Tkachuk's top linemate, was Mikael Backlund who Tkachuk outproduced despite playing 14 fewer games.

So let's stop this Nylander is better than Tkachuk offensively bull****, because it is simply not accurate. They are pretty much equal offensively, with Tkachuk being better is every other area of the game (other than skating). Naturally this is ignored by Leafs fans because Nylander being a passenger on his line and Tkachuk driving his makes all these terrible opinions look worse.

I don't care if you agree, disagree or whatever, but Tkachuk has Marner type value, not Nylander value.
because you know you can't reply to it and still make your stupid claims.

Siignal

Apr 16, 2014
Berlin

Please see my post on page 2.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
1 guy said the bolded, 1. We as a fanbase don't think that.

The argument is that he is worth more than Nylander.

I notice you ignore posts like my previous one
because you know you can't reply to it and still make your stupid claims.
You're initial post discusses scenarios. All hypothetical. I said Tkachuk was a 50-55pt player which is what he is. As for the teammates and better offensive team excuses, until he goes to another team and proves it, or has better offensive results, those are just excuses that gives him a free pass for not getting the desired offensive results of his peers.

Also, Marner type value=Nylander type value and they are both ahead of Tkachuk.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
So the guy with near exact ppg average that’s head and shoulders better defensively. Kay.

Also, disingenuous, your ages done make sense. Tkachuks first two seasons were his 18/19 not his 19/20. You’re making it seem like they’re all the same when Matt’s the youngest. Two draft years younger than Nylander and one draft year younger than Marner.

Ages only matter when comparing Gaudreau to Marner and Nylander.

Reactions: Volica

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada

We've been pissed off by Tkachuk's existence on a regular basis already. We know how awesome it would be for our teams if this trade went down. We would absolutely love to see you guys trade Tkachuk away for Nylander. Nylander could very well turn into a player who on average scores 15 points more per season than Tkachuk and he might even produce in the playoffs as well, but Tkachuk does a helluva lot more than just put points up. He's got the kind of intangibles that other teams covet. Nobody trades those kind of players away unless they've blown out their knees or they've stopped caring.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Tkachuk is a really good piece but you can't be serious saying you wouldnt take marner and Nylander together for him

I honestly have no idea why people have such tunnel vision. It would be exactly like Bruins fans saying they would want 2 x Kessel’s for Marchand. Tkachuk impacts the game in so many ways and he does it more than any other player on our team and almost the league. Our own coach said that there is Tkachuk and Marchand and he’s not really sure who else in the NHL does what those 2 do. He obviously gets it and understands why Matty is so valuable, players like him are just so rare. As fantastic as Nylander and Marner are, we already have players of that skill set so no, I would not be willing to move Tkachuk for them.

Reactions: Walk with Elias

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I honestly have no idea why people have such tunnel vision. It would be exactly like Bruins fans saying they would want 2 x Kessel’s for Marchand. Tkachuk impacts the game in so many ways and he does it more than any other player on our team and almost the league. Our own coach said that there is Tkachuk and Marchand and he’s not really sure who else in the NHL does what those 2 do. He obviously gets it and understands why Matty is so valuable, players like him are just so rare. As fantastic as Nylander and Marner are, we already players of that skill set so no, I would not be willing to move Tkachuk for them.

Yup they're like Claude Lemeiux except they put points up in the regular season.

Reactions: Walk with Elias

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I don’t care if you like or dislike Tkachuk. I’m saying that you’re comparing point totals when 1 guy played 10+ less games.

If and when Tkachuk plays 82 full games and scores more than 50 points he can be called a 50+ point guy. Until he does that he isn't.

Nylander gets more points. Period.

Reactions: Heart Eater

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
If and when Tkachuk plays 82 full games and scores more than 50 points he can be called a 50+ point guy. Until he does that he isn't.

And Nylander isn't nearly as good at hockey. Period.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome

He gets more point while playing more games. [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Nylander is a better skater
Nylander is a better stickhandler
Nylander has higher hockey IQ
Nylander is a better point producer
Nylander is a better CF% Rel player

Do you know what better means? What Nylander is better at, is FAR more important than what Tkachuk is better at.

First bolded is arguable at best. I’d say that Tkachuk has the highest hockey IQ on the Flames.

Second bolded is just flat out false. Did you even try to look at the stats before you posted that?

Nylander might be more skilled, but Tkachuk is a ton better around the net, whether it be tips/rebounds or playmaking.

It might be useless quoting this post since the thread is so much longer now, but come on, atleast make sure what you’re saying is actually true before you post it.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
While they have similar value, Nylander is the superior talent and has more upside to me. Held back by Babcock and the fact he can't play his natural position here.

I'd keep him for the long-term. Only commodity you even consider moving Nylander for is a young, relatively proven defenseman that ideally, plays the right side.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
There is a trend with Flames players, Monohan was the next Toews, Bennett was supposedly great during his rookie year, then Gio was the best all around defenseman in the league, then TJ Brodie was untouchable, John Hockey was the next Kane after he had a productive season and last season Hamilton was the 6'5 beast stud defenseman.

Tkachuk fits the mold, his 'grit' makes him untouchable for anyone not named Matthews from Toronto. Cool story.

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton
I honestly have no idea why people have such tunnel vision. It would be exactly like Bruins fans saying they would want 2 x Kessel’s for Marchand. Tkachuk impacts the game in so many ways and he does it more than any other player on our team and almost the league. Our own coach said that there is Tkachuk and Marchand and he’s not really sure who else in the NHL does what those 2 do. He obviously gets it and understands why Matty is so valuable, players like him are just so rare. As fantastic as Nylander and Marner are, we already have players of that skill set so no, I would not be willing to move Tkachuk for them.

Marchand is another level than Tkachuk but I see your point in a way, I understand Tkachuk is a coveted player that many dont trade.

Plus I do think most would rather have two kessels than 1 Marchand, 1 kessel lead Crosby and Malkin to a Stanley cup and got robbed on the highway for his con smythe, imagine if they had 2.

I don't think your looking at the bigger picture here regarding your statement

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Marchand is another level than Tkachuk but I see your point in a way, I understand Tkachuk is a coveted player that many dont trade.

Plus I do think most would rather have two kessels than 1 Marchand, 1 kessel lead Crosby and Malkin to a Stanley cup and got robbed on the highway for his con smythe, imagine if they had 2.

I don't think your looking at the bigger picture here regarding your statement

Well, Marchand is on another level from himself back when he was Tkachuk’s age, so I don’t see your point when Tkachuk is only going to improve.

And you would have a point about Kessel & Marner/Nylander in a fantasy world that doesn’t have a salary cap, but that isn’t the one we’re living in. I was speaking specifically about the Flames and their organizational needs. People that are not able read material to gain insight from the content is out of my control.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
We're back - guys, please try to keep this civil. Don't let a couple provocateurs derail the thread into pissing contests. If you can't post without flaming somebody, just don't post, and if you think somebody's trolling, report it. Calling them a troll or accusing them of trolling doesn't bring it to our attention - reporting it does.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad