Proposal: Toronto Calgary (Not for a Dman)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Honestly the Leafs could add Marner onto Nylander for Tkachuk and I’d still pass. The only player the Leafs have I’d deal Tkachuk for is Matthews and that includes Tavares.

Reactions: Kanye

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
my initial thoughts on this is pretty fair trade for both sides.

Love the homerism slug fest going on in here though.

if i had to chose sides I'd say Leafs would be more inclined to make this trade.

Reactions: ACC1224

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Honestly the Leafs could add Marner onto Nylander for Tkachuk and I’d still pass. The only player the Leafs have I’d deal Tkachuk for is Matthews and that includes Tavares.

Aight bro. I wouldnt trade Kapanen for Tkachuk so I guess it goes both ways.

Lets move on then

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
lmfao @ some of the opinions in this thread

XwmPDri.png

but you guys wouldnt trade them 1 for 1. lmaooo. Poor Calgary fans

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
XwmPDri.png

but you guys wouldnt trade them 1 for 1. lmaooo. Poor Calgary fans

I am really unsure what posting a chart like this shows at all. I mean, we live in the internet era, this information is available to all so it’s not as if you are sharing something everyone doesn’t already know.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
I am really unsure what posting a chart like this shows at all. I mean, we live in the internet era, this information is available to all so it’s not as if you are sharing something everyone doesn’t already know.

and yet you guys want to keep the inferior player. smart.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
You don’t say? Look at the points per game....

No, I look at points. As in if he plays a full 82 games I will happily say he can score more. Cool?
Anyway, what does it matter? You might have me confused with someone who doesn't like Tkachuk. I just stated I felt Nylander had a slight edge in value. That's it.

Holy crap. Like. Wow.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The thing is, you win by having a diverse team. The Flames have Lindholm, who’s similar to Nylander (I’d give the edge to Nylander). The Flames also have Gaudreau, who’s similar to Marner but is much a better player. The Flames need Tkachuk more than any other single player on their roster, including Gaudreau. Tkachuk stirs the drink and gets everyone else involved more than anyone else that plays for us. For a multitude of reasons, Tkachuk to me is the most valuable player on the Flames roster which is why I don’t bother to only look at just points because while Matthew is very good at producing them, he is so much more than that.

Tavares is an elite C, but for age and cap reasons I would not move Tkachuk for him. Matthews is the only player on the Leafs roster that would move the needle for me.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The thing is, you win by having a diverse team. The Flames have Lindholm, who’s similar to Nylander (I’d give the edge to Nylander). The Flames also have Gaudreau, who’s similar to Marner but is much a better player. The Flames need Tkachuk more than any other single player on their roster, including Gaudreau. Tkachuk stirs the drink and gets everyone else involved more than anyone else that plays for us. For a multitude of reasons, Tkachuk to me is the most valuable player on the Flames roster which is why I don’t bother to only look at just points because while Matthew is very good at producing them, he is so much more than that.

Tavares is an elite C, but for age and cap reasons I would not move Tkachuk for him. Matthews is the only player on the Leafs roster that would move the needle for me.
I repeat. Not one person on that Flames roster is close to being worth Tavares.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
i just wanted to add while chucky is the better defensive zone player and has some toughness to his game and a good all around player. Nylander also brings dual positioning, one of the best neutral zone player and is a game breaker transition wise. Both add more then just points to the game.

Idk why this thread is still going on both sides say no, mods should close this.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
No, I look at points. As in if he plays a full 82 games I will happily say he can score more. Cool?
Anyway, what does it matter? You might have me confused with someone who doesn't like Tkachuk. I just stated I felt Nylander had a slight edge in value. That's it.
I don’t care if you like or dislike Tkachuk. I’m saying that you’re comparing point totals when 1 guy played 10+ less games.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
and yet you guys want to keep the inferior player. smart.

So the guy with near exact ppg average that’s head and shoulders better defensively. Kay.

Also, disingenuous, your ages done make sense. Tkachuks first two seasons were his 18/19 not his 19/20. You’re making it seem like they’re all the same when Matt’s the youngest. Two draft years younger than Nylander and one draft year younger than Marner.

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton

Tkachuk is a really good piece but you can't be serious saying you wouldnt take marner and Nylander together for him

I think together these guys are a hair off each other for value depending on what you value

give or take does 10 to 15 extra points overvalue extremely good possession and defensive numbers for you? Tkachuk is well rounded but Nylander has the higher skillset, it isn't out of the question for Nylander to be a ppg guy but there's a good chance he flirts with the 75 point line

these guys are neck and neck, the other fans here saying Tkachuk brings only grit is a slap to the face

Tkachuk - Matthews - Kapanen could be one of the best lines we ever iced, Nylander and Matthews have obviously clicked but I think Chucky suits Matthews game

I'll continue dreaming

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think together these guys are a hair off each other for value depending on what you value

give or take does 10 to 15 extra points overvalue extremely good possession and defensive numbers for you? Tkachuk is well rounded but Nylander has the higher skillset, it isn't out of the question for Nylander to be a ppg guy but there's a good chance he flirts with the 75 point line

these guys are neck and neck, the other fans here saying Tkachuk brings only grit is a slap to the face

Tkachuk - Matthews - Kapanen could be one of the best lines we ever iced, Nylander and Matthews have obviously clicked but I think Chucky suits Matthews game

I'll continue dreaming
Regarding the bolded...

Keep in mind the guy with 12 more points, also played 14 more games. When Tkachuk was injured and shut down for the year, they were separated by a single point. The point per game pace over 82 games is a mere 2 points different. Also, Nylander played on a much more offensive team and we all know that impacts a players stats. Tkachuk was involved in 22.69% of the Flames goals despite missing 14 games (at the time of his injury Tkachuk had been involved in 25.39% of the Flames goals), while Nylander was involved in 22.59% of the Leafs goals despite playing all 82 games.

Also, let's look at linemates, because again, it makes a difference on a players numbers.... Nylander spent most of his time with Auston Matthews, who averaged over a point per game. Tkachuk's top linemate, was Mikael Backlund who Tkachuk outproduced despite playing 14 fewer games.

So let's stop this Nylander is better than Tkachuk offensively bullshit, because it is simply not accurate. They are pretty much equal offensively, with Tkachuk being better is every other area of the game (other than skating). Naturally this is ignored by Leafs fans because Nylander being a passenger on his line and Tkachuk driving his makes all these terrible opinions look worse.

I don't care if you agree, disagree or whatever, but Tkachuk has Marner type value, not Nylander value.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Tkachuk has Marner type value but no way would Calgary do this swap, Calgary needs Tkachuk more than Marner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad