Proposal: Toronto Calgary (Not for a Dman)

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton
simple trade on the premise Nylander wants out of Toronto for whatever reason

Nylander for Tkachuk

Calgary gets more skill into their forward group while Toronto brings in some needed grit into their top 6

edit: removed 2nd

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Nylander for Tkachuk + 2nd

Calgary gets more skill into their forward group while Toronto brings in some needed grit into their top 6
That will be a hard, resounding f*** no from the Flames.

We wouldn't move Tkachuk for Nylander straight up. Hell, I wouldn't do it if the 2nd were coming to the Flames.

Reactions: Dan403

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Lol, a 2nd coming from the Flames. Cute.

I’m gonna politely say no before I explode. This does not help Calgary at all.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
No 2nd attached... doesn’t change anything.

I think everyone is slow or has forgotten what Calgary did in the off-season:

Lindholm C/RW
Neal LW/RW
Czarnik C/RW
Ryan C/RW

Oh look, that’s 4 RW’s, 3 of them that can play center. Looks like Nylander is not needed.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
both teams pass, willys ability to play wing and center is very valuable to toronto, and tkachuk adds some grit to his game which calgary needs.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
both teams pass, willys ability to play wing and center is very valuable to toronto, and tkachuk adds some grit to his game which calgary needs.
With the addition of Tavares, is Nylander being able to play center really that valuable to the Leafs now? The only way he sees time as a top 6 C is if 2 of Tavares, Matthews and Kadri get injured.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
With the addition of Tavares, is Nylander being able to play center really that valuable to the Leafs now? The only way he sees time as a top 6 C is if 2 of Tavares, Matthews and Kadri get injured.
Yeah he's not needed at center but the fact that he can is valuable. When Matthews went down last year he played center. And in the 20 game stint in his first year he was center. If not for JT good chance Nylander would be playing center.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Tkachuk is far more valuable. Not a chance. Leafs can hang onto their enigma hold out.

Lmao.
No.
Leafs would be allll over this.

Last edited by a moderator:

stewpac

Nov 30, 2015
I loved Tkachuk when he was in London and when he got drafted I told anyone who'd listen that he contributed as much to that top line as the other two. However Nylander is the better player, if being a pest is more valuable than puck possession than fine but in every other aspect Nylander contributes more.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I loved Tkachuk when he was in London and when he got drafted I told anyone who'd listen that he contributed as much to that top line as the other two. However Nylander is the better player, if being a pest is more valuable than puck possession than fine but in every other aspect Nylander contributes more.
That makes no sense. Tkachuk is one of the better possession players in the league. It's perhaps the biggest advantage he has in this comparison.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003

Nylander for Tkachuk

edit: removed 2nd
Funny part about this is the fallacy that Nylander brings much if any more skill than Tkachuk, Tkachuk put up the same PPG last in his 19-20 year old season as Nylander. Nylander couldn't even crack a crappy Toronto lineup at the same age. add the intangibles of stellar 2-way play, grit and goal scoring and it's an easy hangup for Treliving.

Tkachuk is not available for anyone in Toronto not named Matthews

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I hate advanced stats, but isn't Tkachuk better in terms of "possession" in almost every metric... all while getting more defensive zone starts? Oh right, and while being two years younger, the difference in their point per game pace last year was negligible...

Please explain to me how Nylander is a better player.

Reactions: Conbon

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Calgary takes this and runs. They get the better player and get rid of a locker room cancer.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
I’d accept this as a Leafs fan. I think Tkachuk for Nylander straight up is as close value wise as it gets.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->