Proposal: Toronto-Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
This could spark interesting discussion considering the Nylander brothers and Risto vs Rielly but as a trade proposal it's useless.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
No from buffalo. Value might be OK but I'm not downgrading at defense for the more proven (and probably higher upside) Nylander.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Buffalo couldn't fill the hole Risto's departure would create. That said, I think Toronto is giving up more.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I will say this, we went over a week without any Leafs trade proposals on here....it was nice. I guess the OP, being a Habs fan, couldn't live without the petty fighting that always comes with them....because he has decided to make about 3 Leafs threads a day....maybe take a day off?

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I'd rather have Rielly than Risto, and I think it's obvious which Nylander is better at this point.

Please Khaled, not "anotha one".

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I like Risto better and wouldn't make the trade because of that, but I agree the value is worse for Toronto because of the Nylander swap and Toronto would not do it because of that.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
I think I would stick with Alex just to see how he pans out. If he gets close to where Willy is in a year or two we could trade him for a better D than Reilly and keep Risto.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Leafs trade
Willy Nylander
Morgan Rielly

Buffalo trades
Alex Nylander
Ristolainen

Please stop making bad leafs proposals. Your a Habs homer and consistently undervalue leafs players (intentionally?).

The value is awful for Toronto, and why get younger?

Will>>> Alex
Rielly<Risto.

By the end of next season I'm thinking Rielly will be seen as a legitimate #1 defenseman anyways. But that's just a hunch.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I'd rather have Rielly than Risto, and I think it's obvious which Nylander is better at this point.

Please Khaled, not "anotha one".

I can understand not liking the proposal from Toronto's end and I really like Rielly, but this is absolutely ridiculous lol.

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
Please stop making bad leafs proposals. Your a Habs homer and consistently undervalue leafs players (intentionally?).

The value is awful for Toronto, and why get younger?

Will>>> Alex
Rielly<Risto.

By the end of next season I'm thinking Rielly will be seen as a legitimate #1 defenseman anyways. But that's just a hunch.

Rielly does not have the potential to be a number 1. He can be a number 2 or 3 but 1 is unrealistic and I like Rielly.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
I can understand not liking the proposal from Toronto's end and I really like Rielly, but this is absolutely ridiculous lol.

I'm probably as critical of Rielly as any Leaf fans (even though I like him as an offensive Dman, I think he has potential to be a Josi type player) but I'd take him over Risto.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
I will say this, we went over a week without any Leafs trade proposals on here....it was nice. I guess the OP, being a Habs fan, couldn't live without the petty fighting that always comes with them....because he has decided to make about 3 Leafs threads a day....maybe take a day off?
I actually enjoy them. Watching people argue about fake stuff. And how people get so bent out of shape.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Buffalo has plenty of forward depth.

They have very little defensive depth.

Downgrading their defense for a small upgrade at forward would be foolish.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

Why? He gets destroyed defensively. He's a good offensive D who gets destroyed when in a shutdown roe and with possession. Any gap is not nearly as large between those two as it is for the Nylander bros.

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
All of DJKhaleds trade proposals involving the Leafs are big downgrades for Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->