Toronto blowing their 4-1 lead in the 3rd period of Game 7 or Tampa getting swept, which is worse?

Toronto blowing their 4-1 lead in the 3rd period of Game 7 or Tampa getting swept, which is worse?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Neither is as bad as Boston blowing a 3-0 series lead and a 3-0 lead after the first period against the flyers.
Probably the worst collapse in Sports history.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
It’s one game(really, part of a game) vs. a series.

I don’t see how you can objectively say Toronto’s was worse.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
This Tampa collapse is like free reign for fans of other teams to feel better about their playoff failures by comparison.

Reactions: Pay Carl

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
It could also just be that a Toronto fan starting a thread in an attempt to finally get out from the whole "it was 4-1" thing. The answer is TB, but people aren't going to let Leafs fans forget, as this is the internet after all. Plus that comes with the territory of being the largest fan base in the league. The Yankees are still the Evil Empire too.
Right, so those people are voting against the Leafs to spite the fans. That is anti-Leafs (fan) bias.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
The leafs. Sure getting swept after such a good season sucks. But being up 4-1 with 10 min to go in game 7 against a rival only to watch it slip away is worse imo. There was a chance to win and move on to the next round. Tampa had no chance at winning.

Rofl not surprised in the least.

Enjoy your summer!

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Boston collapsing after being up 3-0 is much worse, how many teams have come back to win after being down like that? maybe 4 in the history of hockey.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Toronto had a bunch of super young players and I would say they learned a valuable lesson that will pay off for them. Tampa? I have no idea what that was.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Neither is as bad as Boston blowing a 3-0 series lead and a 3-0 lead after the first period against the flyers.
Probably the worst collapse in Sports history.
This wasn't technically a choke but don't forget in Game 6 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final Boston was up 2-1 late in the 3rd period and about to force a Game 7 and Chicago scored two goals in 17 seconds and won the Cup that evening.

Reactions: DanM

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Toronto had a bunch of super young players and I would say they learned a valuable lesson that will pay off for them. Tampa? I have no idea what that was.

Whaa?? There are like 3 holdovers organizational wide from the 2013 appearance.

2013 has NOTHING to do with the past 3 seasons.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Whaa?? There are like 3 holdovers organizational wide from the 2013 appearance.

2013 has NOTHING to do with the past 3 seasons.

Well I haven’t been following how the leafs have crapped the bed over the last couple years my bad if I confused what no show playoff year you were speaking of.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
TB option AINEC.

Leafs were a ragtag cast of misfits that went to game 7 and fumbled on the goal line

Tampa was a record setting dynamo that not only couldn't win a single game against a team that barely qualified for the playoffs, they were generally blown out of the water each game as well.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Boston blowing their series lead to Philadelphia is significantly worse than the 3rd period collapse.

Neither are as bad as Tampa getting swept, though.

Reactions: DanM

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
In Game 7 of the Maple Leafs and Bruins 2013 playoff series we all know that Toronto became the first team to lose a playoff series after leading by 3 goals in the 3rd period. However tonight the Lightning became the first team to win the President's Trophy and get swept in the first round of the playoffs, the fact they had 62 wins in the regular season only adds to how bad that looks.

So between these two completely different ways to lose a playoff series which one is a lot worse?
At the end of the day does it make either fanbase feel better if the other one gets voted for worse choke?

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
I'm just glad another fan base gets to experience what this pathetic embarrassment feels like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad