(Toronto) Ball Hockey at the Rinx? Who plays?

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
I used to play in the YCBHL (York Central Ball Hockey League) while they were still at Stephen Leacock arena.

Is that the league you'll be playing in?

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
Yup thats the one. YCBHL Bruins. What team were you gunnin on when you played noobman?

any1 else?
:laugh: I feel a little bad for you... that league has some of the worst officiating I've ever seen. Ever.

IE: A guy pretty much ran after me, dropped his stick, and punched me in the mask in a battle along the boards. As I was falling to the ground I got called for an elbow on him :shakehead

BTW, I played for the Mavericks.

Jul 6, 2008
GTA
My way of looking at it. When people ask me.. Is it like real hockey? I say yes. Good and Bad officiating varies from game to game. I'm enjoying it, mouth off to the refs / other team and shake hands at the end of the game. Thats what it's all about.

**For anyone interested the Fall season starts sometime in August** Gloves, Stick and a helmet (with chin strap) are the only things you need to play.

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
My way of looking at it. When people ask me.. Is it like real hockey? I say yes. Good and Bad officiating varies from game to game. I'm enjoying it, mouth off to the refs / other team and shake hands at the end of the game. Thats what it's all about.

**For anyone interested the Fall season starts sometime in August** Gloves, Stick and a helmet (with chin strap) are the only things you need to play.
You may be onto something. For the two seasons I played we pretty much had the same two referees every game.

Equipment wise, I'd also recommend volleyball/rollerblading knee pads, soccer shin guards, and a jockstrap. You will definitely take some sticks to the legs, you may come out on the losing end of a board battle or get tripped up and bang your knees (quite painful), and you never know when somebody is going to unload a rocket shot to your groin.

Jul 6, 2008
GTA
You may be onto something. For the two seasons I played we pretty much had the same two referees every game.

Equipment wise, I'd also recommend volleyball/rollerblading knee pads, soccer shin guards, and a jockstrap. You will definitely take some sticks to the legs, you may come out on the losing end of a board battle or get tripped up and bang your knees (quite painful), and you never know when somebody is going to unload a rocket shot to your groin.

Yes, most of my teammates rock the knee pads / shin guards / jocks. However I feel that is part of what I signed up for. I'm a (self-proclaimed) warrior.

It's a good league and the refs vary. I think there might be 5 or 6 different ones that rotate games so its not like you get the same refs every single game.

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
Yes, most of my teammates rock the knee pads / shin guards / jocks. However I feel that is part of what I signed up for. I'm a (self-proclaimed) warrior.
:laugh: Alright, have fun with that!
It's a good league and the refs vary. I think there might be 5 or 6 different ones that rotate games so its not like you get the same refs every single game.
Definitely. If you're looking for a competitive and fun ball hockey league in the GTA then the YCBHL is probably the best option.

By the way, what division do you play in? My team always played in the 2nd lowest division (C? I forget how it works)

Jul 6, 2008
GTA
I joined a few games into this season and its my first season ever. We are in the lowest tier I believe but the team has shown some massive improvement. We were tied for last when I joined but we've moved up the standings and are currently tied for 4th place in an eight team league.

:handclap: we're getting some chemistry and our roster is shaping out well as I wasn't even the last addition.

Jul 6, 2008
GTA
We beat the Mad Dogs (2nd ranked team) last game although the refs tried to screw us over so many times we prevailed. One more game to go in the summer season before playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad