GDT: Toronto at Detroit, 7pm

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
The real question is what the **** does Jeff Blashill think he's doing down by 1 goal with 30 seconds left and putting Niklas freaking Kronwall out there to go win it. I get it Nik has poured his heart and soul into Detroit but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. What's he do?? Flubs the breakout and chews up 17 seconds.

The guy doesn't shoot anymore. He doesn't make huge hits or even INTIMIDATE an opponent that he might. He was directly responsible for 2 goals against TB. The guy does nothing. End the charade, it's ****ing absurd.

well, Green's out and Dekeyser's pairing just got burned for that go ahead goal. I guess we could just go with no defensemen (really, might not be the worst thing) but what great blueline option is sitting there waiting to be used? I know Hronek has his defensive issues, but with Green out they clearly don't want to play XO, Witkowski burned his luck in the first game he got on D, and we seriously lack guys on the back end who can do anything offensively. IF we're willing to play a guy 12 minutes a night, go with someone who could at least be useful as something more than "Well, there's 12 minutes we don't have to cover elsewhere."

Reactions: TheOtherOne

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Nope i'd rather be the 3rd worst team in the league, Then the 8th worst right now. Hopefully after March we will be closer to 3rd worst then 8th worst.

Silver lining: shows last year wasn't a fluke and gives a realistic estimation of the team. The question is what management/scouting does with this information.

Reactions: jkutswings

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
The real question is what the **** does Jeff Blashill think he's doing down by 1 goal with 30 seconds left and putting Niklas freaking Kronwall out there to go win it. I get it Nik has poured his heart and soul into Detroit but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. What's he do?? Flubs the breakout and chews up 17 seconds.

The guy doesn't shoot anymore. He doesn't make huge hits or even INTIMIDATE an opponent that he might. He was directly responsible for 2 goals against TB. The guy does nothing. End the charade, it's ****ing absurd.
Yeah it’s bad coaching but we should be losing now so no need to be upset with it.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

Literally who is better? Daley isn't. Green is injured. That leaves a cast of people no one would want on the ice in a 1 goal game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad