Proposal: Toronto- Arizona

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would love to see Nylander to the Coyotes but too much given up IMO.

Even if you equate Kuemper + Chychrun to Andersen + Nylander...Coyotes cant give up their two most physical players for a decent 4/5 Dman.

:laugh:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
OK...so you are suggesting he is more than a 4/5 guy? More than decent? Or are you laughing at the notion he is a 4/5 guy? Afterall he was 6th for TML dmen for average time on ice. Maybe I over rate him?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
OK...so you are suggesting he is more than a 4/5 guy? More than decent? Or are you laughing at the notion he is a 4/5 guy? Afterall he was 6th for TML dmen for average time on ice. Maybe I over rate him?
Sorry, I read that way wrong, I thought you were calling Chychrunthe 4/5

Reactions: TGWL

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Would love to see Kessel in a Leafs jeysey.
images.jpeg

Reactions: dukeofjive

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
these teams are awful trading partners as neither has cap space lol

I dont really see anything that makes sense other than an OEL for Nylander type deal

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
That sounds like a really fancy way of masking the fact you actually dumped cap and salary on Arizona while downgrading their starter and blueline for a better forward, while subtracting cheap size and grit in Crouse...
How so? If their salaries are less than their cap. Certainly, the cap number is the same, but the salaries are lower.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Laughably bad for Toronto. Nylander isn't moving without a legit dman coming back. Chychrun is not that and you could argue Dermott is better.

Andersen prob has more value to Arizona than Kuemper does because of his 1m real money owed this season.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
And the plan is to play him on which RD pairing as a NHL rookie?

yes. the plan is to play him as the same position he just played for the past year where he was the best dman in the highest league that isnt the NHL

dude prefers the right side. you have the same reservations that LW that shoot right or RW that shoot left or it cool they play the most comfortable side regardless of handedness?

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
yes. the plan is to play him as the same position he just played for the past year where he was the best dman in the highest league that isnt the NHL

dude prefers the right side. you have the same reservations that LW that shoot right or RW that shoot left or it cool they play the most comfortable side regardless of handedness?

Someone is getting defensive, enjoy that plan then. Keep putting band aids on gaping wounds.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Leafs pass.

Arizona moves some good pieces but not the kind to get them to move Nylander
I wouldn’t trade Chychrun for Nylander. Chychrun was our best defenseman for most of the season, playing consistently better than OEL, Hjalmarsson and Goligoski. I have no doubt Nylander’s production would fall off a cliff in Arizona.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Laughably bad for Toronto. Nylander isn't moving without a legit dman coming back. Chychrun is not that and you could argue Dermott is better.

Andersen prob has more value to Arizona than Kuemper does because of his 1m real money owed this season.

It's always easy to tell what fans only watch one team play.

Everyone else on both sides of this are acknowledging decent value on both sides moving, and then you get a comment like this.

Really helps singling out the guys that don't know much.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
I am tempted by the Chychrun for Nylander swap. Coyotes really need talent up front (and I think Nylander can be the #1 C) but Chychrun is the Coyotes best Dman and one of only 3 signed for any term. Probably a bad idea to move him.

Nylander hasn't played much at C in the last few years but when he has, uh, he hasn't been great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->