Proposal: Toronto and Florida

Ravens20

May 8, 2016
Ontario
I think a trade that might help both teams. What is the feedback?

To Toronto:
Nick Bjugstad
Alex Petrovic

Toronto gets a bigger forward to take JVR's net role on the powerplay who can also play centre or wing, depending on the plan for Nylander. Also, Petrovic is that big physical defenseman who can play the Roman Polak role on the third pair.

To Florida:
Nikita Zaitsev
Connor Brown
Dymtro Timashov/Jeremy Bracco
Free Agents rights to JVR

Florida gets an upgrade over Petrovic on the right side. In Connor Brown the Panthers get a versatile forward anywhere up the lineup and on the penalty kill. Timashov or Bracco give them a skilled young prospect with NHL potential. The Panthers then get one a chance to sign JVR who brings an influx of needed offense.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Panthers hang up
Lel.jpg

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Toronto would be surely disappointed with both of those guys. Petrovic is straight up awful, and Bjugstad gets injured a good amount and I would argue that Conner Brown might be better than him lol. Not sure why the Leafs would do this it seems just as bad as giving up Marchessault and Smith for a 4th Round Pick.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010

To Toronto:
Nick Bjugstad
Alex Petrovic

Toronto gets a bigger forward to take JVR's net role on the powerplay who can also play centre or wing, depending on the plan for Nylander. Also, Petrovic is that big physical defenseman who can play the Roman Polak role on the third pair.

To Florida:
Nikita Zaitsev
Connor Brown

Florida gets an upgrade over Petrovic on the right side. In Connor Brown the Panthers get a versatile forward anywhere up the lineup and on the penalty kill. Timashov or Bracco give them a skilled young prospect with NHL potential. The Panthers then get one a chance to sign JVR who brings an influx of needed offense.

Counter:
Pysyk + Petrovic
for
Zaitsev + Carrick + Brown +2nd round pick

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Toronto would be surely disappointed with both of those guys. Petrovic is straight up awful, and Bjugstad gets injured a good amount and I would argue that Conner Brown might be better than him lol. Not sure why the Leafs would do this it seems just as bad as giving up Marchessault and Smith for a 4th Round Pick.

:huh::huh::huh:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Can't say I agree. Petro had a really good second half, if he keeps away from fighting then he's a good 3rd RD. Yes they are a dime a dozen but is definitely an upgrade over Polak, Carrick or Leafs other bottom pairing guys.

Bjugstad did have injuries but when he's healthy, he looks to be a 45-50pt player, probably would have hit 55-60pts this year if he was moved to 1st line sooner.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Can't say I agree. Petro had a really good second half, if he keeps away from fighting then he's a good 3rd RD. Yes they are a dime a dozen but is definitely an upgrade over Polak, Carrick or Leafs other bottom pairing guys.

Bjugstad did have injuries but when he's healthy, he looks to be a 45-50pt player, probably would have hit 55-60pts this year if he was moved to 1st line sooner.
Well I was probably being a bit too harsh on Petro. Probably just because the Panthers chose him over Marchy and Smith. Just not a huge fan of him. And I agree w/ Bjugstad if he can stay healthy and play with good players.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

To Toronto:
Nick Bjugstad
Alex Petrovic

To Florida:
Nikita Zaitsev
Connor Brown

How does this make Florida better? They lose Bjugstad and Petrovic and turn them Zaitsev and Brown> I don't see how that even approaches upgrading their roster, and they do it for what? The chance to get Bracco and an earlier negotiating window with JVR?

I don't see how this makes any sense for Florida at all.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Brown, a meh prospect and a cap dump for a 45 point center and a #4-5 D?

Bjugstad is by no means a proven center......and Petrovic is not a #4D. Upside to be for both? Sure

I would be fine with Petrovic as a flyer, for Leivo as a base, but the reality is, he's going to be fighting for the #6 spot here in training camp and our defense already, is not world-class at all.

But at least Zaitsev was utilized as a ~top 2 type D based on his usage. Brown, well his value is pretty obvious as a middle 6 guy that can slot in anywhere.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
This is essentially Bjugstad for all that, because I don't put much value in Petrovic.

Doesn't Bjugstad have some chronic back issues?

I'm not ok with this trade.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
None of these proposals make sense for the Panthers. We have no need for Brown/Leivo etc. and Zaitsev didn't impress me last year at all.

We need a veteran D who is a clear upgrade over what we have right now.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
None of these proposals make sense for the Panthers. We have no need for Brown/Leivo etc. and Zaitsev didn't impress me last year at all.

We need a veteran D who is a clear upgrade over what we have right now.

Didn't your team suck horribly last season because they were a one line team + Trocheck?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Brown, a meh prospect and a cap dump for a 45 point center and a #4-5 D?
petrovic is not a #4-5 dman, he is a #6. bjugstad only produced because he was playing with barkov and dadonov and he is not even a center. you are overrating them quite a bit. brown is a decent bottom-6 player and florida needs depth. zaitsev was decent in his rookie season and will probably bounce back to being decent next season

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad