Proposal: Toronto - Anaheim

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Depres value isn't "nothing". Also, very few Anaheim fans want JVR. Pass.

There's a difference between "not wanting JVR" and "Not wanting to pay what it would cost to acquire JVR". If you mean the latter, then I understand it. But to say you don't want a 27 year old 30/30 player making $4.25M a year for the next two years then that's strange.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
There's a difference between "not wanting JVR" and "Not wanting to pay what it would cost to acquire JVR". If you mean the latter, then I understand it. But to say you don't want a 27 year old 30/30 player making $4.25M a year for the next two years then that's strange.

hasnt he only scored 30 once? id want him but hes very soft. getzlaf bullied him last game they played lol

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
hasnt he only scored 30 once? id want him but hes very soft. getzlaf bullied him last game they played lol

Yup. But he's also scored at a 31g pace during the lockout season, and then was on a much more impressive 29g pace on our garbage team last year before he got injured (keeping in mind that our leading goal scorer last year scored 20 lol).

In terms of him being soft, that's not really true. He didn't back down at all from Chara during our one playoff series. He's not going to drop the gloves (which I don't from a guy whose job it is to put up points) but he's got no problem getting physical and going to the dirty areas

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013

The same game that Toronto won 4-0, while JVR had an assist and was plus 2?

A lot of good this "bullying" did Getzalf. Maybe he should worry more about scoring than "bullying" an, apparently, soft JVR. JVR played him like a fiddle.

I wouldn't call JVR "very soft". He's not going to drop the gloves or lay out people but he does have a very good net presence along with good skill for a guy his size.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
The same game that Toronto won 4-0, while JVR had an assist and was plus 2?

A lot of good this "bullying" did Getzalf. Maybe he should worry more about scoring than "bullying" an, apparently, soft JVR. JVR played him like a fiddle.

I wouldn't call JVR "very soft". He's not going to drop the gloves or lay out people but he does have a very good net presence along with good skill for a guy his size.

dont worry. Getzlaf scores a lot. his lowest scoring season are jvrs highest scoring seasons lol

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
If that helps you justify it. :dunno:

I could say McDavid is the only thing that puts Lindholm on the table, but that doesn't mean it isn't ridiculous. It also doesn't mean it's true.

Wasn't trying to justify it lol
Calm down there, I know Marner isn't worth Lindholm, no need to get all flustered :/

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
All he did was point out the error in your argument lol calm down

You can get bullied physically in a game where you win and get an assist.

If you get hit 30 times viciously in a game but you managed to get an assist and your team wins, are you suddenly not the victim of being physically bullied?

Where's the error?

Italian President

Aug 13, 2012

Ok. We don't want him. No reason to get angry about it. Keep your precious players

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Depres value isn't "nothing". Also, very few Anaheim fans want JVR. Pass.

and very few leafs think fowler for jvr is the best we can get.

leafs are more than happy to let anaheim go the 8 skaters + 1 goalie protection route.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
and very few leafs think fowler for jvr is the best we can get.

leafs are more than happy to let anaheim go the 8 skaters + 1 goalie protection route.

Why does this keep popping up?

Anaheim isn't going 8 + 1.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
we arent giving up jvr for a pile of scraps, or marner/nylander for a lesser prospect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad