Torii Hunter retires

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
Yep very good career. If they had a Hall of Very Good, he'd be in it. I know their was talk of a possible front office gig, with the Twins, after he retired.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Torii Hunter has always been one of those guys who's not as good as his reputation suggests. He won a crap load of gold gloves despite ranging from poor to barely acceptable defensively and was always (until recently at least) good but never great offensively, although there were times where he was on the borderline of good and great I suppose).

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
one hell of a career and forever an A's killer. nice to see him retire with the twins.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
Always loved watching Torii play. Being a Twins fan my whole life, I kind of grew up with him. Wish nothing but the best for him. Always will be one of my favorite players.

Last edited:

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
i'd say a guy who promotes people who campaign against gay marriage is more of a bad person.

i'd say a guy who says that he wouldn't be comfortable around a gay teammate by hiding behind the cloak of jesus is a bad person.

and i'd call the guy who, rather than clarifying his stance and maybe looking at it from the perspective of the people who explained why they felt the way they felt, attacked the person who wrote the article.

as i said: decent player, ****** person.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
i'd say a guy who promotes people who campaign against gay marriage is more of a bad person.

i'd say a guy who says that he wouldn't be comfortable around a gay teammate by hiding behind the cloak of jesus is a bad person.

and i'd call the guy who, rather than clarifying his stance and maybe looking at it from the perspective of the people who explained why they felt the way they felt, attacked the person who wrote the article.

as i said: decent player, ****** person.

Didn't he also take a swing at Albert Pujols?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad