Player Discussion Torey Krug VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
If that was the offer and Krug turned it down, why would it get done at this point? Because clearly Krug's camp has reason to believe they can do better and significantly so, or why let it come to this? They know what we don't, through whatever backchannels there are in the agent world.
Because of internal caps/covid/no fans... Hard to get teams to pony up when there is great economic uncertainty in the entertainment industry. So maybe the $ just are there ?

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Bruins reportedly offer Torey Krug a six-year deal

The Boston Bruins remain in talks with pending unrestricted free agent Torey Krug, with their latest offer coming in at $6.5 million per year for the next six years, according to TSN's Frank Seravalli.

That would add up to $39 million over the next six years, and a modest $1.25 million per year raise from Krug's current salary. But based on the current chatter, with the Bruins exploring the idea of trading Krug's negotiating rights according to both Seravalli and Rear Admiral from Barstool Sports, Krug's camp is not interested in such a deal.

That $6.5 million per year cap hit may be close to the B's ceiling for Krug, too, with just under $14.5 million in available cap space this summer, and with the Bruins needing to come to terms with restricted free agents Jake DeBrusk and Matt Grzelcyk.

Getting Krug in at that price would leave the Bruins with under $8 million in available space, and while that may be enough to re-up their RFAs (and sign Zdeno Chara to another low-money deal), it would seriously restrict the B's ability to bolster their forward group, which once again feels like a need after another postseason run with extremely limited secondary scoring.

====================================================================

IMO opinion thats a solid offer. If not to his liking - see ya.

So, basically change very little. Re-up Krug and Chara, and make a few moves on the fringes. This isn’t the significant tenor change DS and Neely were preaching like a week ago. Hypocrites. Talk really is cheap, these days.

I love Krug. He’s a nice weapon on D. I love his heart. But it’s time to go another direction. Pocket the money.

McAvoy, Gryz, Clifton. Those are your puck-movers and PP guys. I’m not saying ditching Krug is painless, but it’s pretty effortless.

I guess I’d take Chara as a #5-6 D...but they need a physical/snarl upgrade both on D and up front.

DS was/is never going to rip this roster down...so they have to make the tenor injection with the few key moves they can make.

Which look like a 2nd and 3rd line wing and a 2nd pair D. Sure, you could mess with L4...or even bring in a 13th forward who is a monster...but Nordy-Wagner-Kuraly is pretty solid imo.

I’d much rather lose Krug and add in many ways elsewhere. Just get the pick.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Of course, the difference between Kyrie and Torey is that Torey never promised Bruins fans that he'd re-sign with the team.

Kyrie is one of the biggest phonies in Boston sports history. I don't think anyone can say anything remotely similar about Krug. Personally, I wish Torey all the best.

Reactions: Flannelman and PB37

member 96824

I don't, the only reason I make such a trade is if I plan to offer an 8 year deal which I wouldn't so no need.

Just as a heads up...can’t offer an 8 year in these types of deals. Player has to be on the roster by the trade deadline to be eligible for an 8 year extension.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Just as a heads up...can’t offer an 8 year in these types of deals. Player has to be on the roster by the trade deadline to be eligible for an 8 year extension.

Is that a new rule? A lot of the writing about Pietrangelo's situation seems to mention the potential of trading for him to get that 8th year. I've also seen several of the big writers mention recently that the Leafs almost traded for Tavares at the last minute before July 1 to get the 8th year but they didn't have enough time to work out the contract.

member 96824

Interesting, new CBA I'm guessing?

Is that a new rule? A lot of the writing about Pietrangelo's situation seems to mention the potential of trading for him to get that 8th year. I've also seen several of the big writers mention recently that the Leafs almost traded for Tavares at the last minute before July 1 to get the 8th year but they didn't have enough time to work out the contract.

Surprisingly not new, just one everyone gets wrong.

An SPC with a term of greater than seven (7) years, provided, however, that a Club may sign a Player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years if that Player was on such Club's Reserve List as of and since the most recent Trade Deadline. With respect to potential Unrestricted Free Agents only, the ability to re-sign a Player to an SPC of eight (8) years expires when the Player becomes an Unrestricted Free Agent. With respect to a Player who becomes a Group 2 Restricted Free Agent, a Club may sign such Player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years provided such Player was on such Club's Reserve List and/or Restricted Free Agent List as of and since the most recent Trade Deadline.

That’s the language from the previous CBA. I didn’t see anything that suggested it changed

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Of course, the difference between Kyrie and Torey is that Torey never promised Bruins fans that he'd re-sign with the team.

Kyrie is one of the biggest phonies in Boston sports history. I don't think anyone can say anything remotely similar about Krug. Personally, I wish Torey all the best.

Torey deserves to be paid, and he will be. The Bruins will not pay market value for Krug, who is 29.

Good luck, Torey. Thanks for all you gave us. Hope you land in Detroit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->