Player Discussion Torey Krug VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I am hoping the leak of our “last offer” was just to help him out in the market by setting a floor. It’s a decent offer, and I hope like hell he doesn’t change his mind and take it.

I can see it as a PR move, too- "we gave Torey a more than fair offer to remain a Bruin" rather than all the speculation that they gave him some sort of insulting extension offer.

Reactions: BrainOfJ

member 96824

I am hoping the leak of our “last offer” was just to help him out in the market by setting a floor. It’s a decent offer, and I hope like hell he doesn’t change his mind and take it.

A page out of the book that Sinden wrote. Wasn't to help him out, it's PR.

Reactions: Dr Hook

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Assuming the 6x$6.5 is accurate

It's a fair offer but clearly not the most he can make. ...the gap between what he purportedly wants and the Bs offer is $13.5million

people can argue that he has made a lot of money and it shouldn't matter but let's be real.....$13.5million is a LOT of money to pass up. Especially when you know on the open market at least one team ( Detroit anyone) will pony it up and maybe more.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
anyone know why this is taking so long?

Just take the highest draft pick offered

Can anyone see a team giving up higher than a 4th for signing rights?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Was thinking the same thing.

Maybe they gave him til 5pm to make a decision on their offer?

At this point watch him take the deal which I am absolutely fine with

Reactions: RustyBruins72

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
A page out of the book that Sinden wrote. Wasn't to help him out, it's PR.

If you want be a cynic, fine. I tend to think DS has been pretty fair to his players, so I think this is likely a nice gesture. But whatever it is, it better have 0% chance of getting signed. There's no way I'd want him here on that contract.

Reactions: hrdpuk

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Keeping a mediocre D on the second line for the next 6 years in my opinion is not a good idea .
He'll hamper any D that 's on that line with him

member 96824

If you want be a cynic, fine.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

FWIW, I think no matter what term the Bruins give there is no way he would see out the end of the contract. B's window is clearly 2 years at best, anything after that I assume a tear down where Krug is dealt.

Reactions: Dr Hook

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Big fan of Krug my take

6.5x6 solid anc I’d probably take it if him UNLESS my agent knows I got the Spurgeon-like deal coming

plus I’d be a bit butt hurt (but I’m baby as most of you figured out by now) nothing till the end

I’m Sweeney I leak it if I meant it or knew he was gone for the PR

Giving him or anyone 6 years in the year they turn 30 I’m not a fan of

I think Grzelcyk can take over his 5X5 with Carlo and they will be even better

I still think Sweeney told Jack Ahcan agent they weren’t signing 47

I really don’t believe this is legit unless Sweeney knew Krug gone

also not good for Chara

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

FWIW, I think no matter what term the Bruins give there is no way he would see out the end of the contract. B's window is clearly 2 years at best, anything after that I assume a tear down where Krug is dealt.

I just want to avoid any more Backes-type disasters and any long-term deal for Krug gives me that vibe. Maybe not as bad, but he's not gonna get any faster or stronger as he ages. Let someone else take on those years and let's spend that dough elsewhere.

Related, I assume that Trader Donny is waiting until the Finals are over before he gets going on all that activity he promised right? In this realm, I share your cynicism!!!

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I think this is a bigger loss to the team than can be appreciated right now. Losing Krug on top of your existing holes in the roster adds to Sweeney’s work this offseason to bring in more offense, if we are expected to go for it next season.

BruinsNetwork

Yes. Believe the interview period for UFAs under the RTP x CBA agreement was eradicated in the new deal.

Now, teams have to wait until the UFA period begins to gauge interest in a player signing with their club, instead of beforehand where you could reach out and gauge.

It gives the acquiring team an exclusive chance to negotiate and potentially stop said player from ever hitting the open market. If you hold his rights as a UFA, you can negotiate while others can’t even gauge interest until the frenzy begins.

If a team truly wants to land Krug before anyone else and he’s their guy, a higher pick to ensure it gets done and doesn’t go to a bid is potentially possible. If more and more teams are pressing for him, then the likelihood of a bid increases. More interest, more value.

Adam Fox, while a different player and prospect at the time, had his rights traded for a second-round pick and also a third-round pick in the following year’s draft. He’s much younger, but he also hadn’t played a kick of professional hockey before and fetched that return.

Depending on how badly an opposing team wants him and wants to get him signed, I could see a later second-round pick or third-round pick. Vatrano’s RFA rights went for a third-round pick to Florida, as well.

There’s a certain lost peanut lurking around here who could clarify or refute me I’m sure...

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I just want to avoid any more Backes-type disasters and any long-term deal for Krug gives me that vibe. Maybe not as bad, but he's not gonna get any faster or stronger as he ages. Let someone else take on those years and let's spend that dough elsewhere.

Related, I assume that Trader Donny is waiting until the Finals are over before he gets going on all that activity he promised right? In this realm, I share your cynicism!!!
Agree on Krug

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

GMs cann be slow when there is no deadlines.

Also, there could be players involved and not just a pick. Why make two separate deals when you can just make one.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
6X6.5 is a touch high but I'd do it if he would sign the contract.

Don't think he will which is totally fine too. I'll miss the player, but he's earned the right to go make bank.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins reportedly offer Torey Krug a six-year deal

The Boston Bruins remain in talks with pending unrestricted free agent Torey Krug, with their latest offer coming in at $6.5 million per year for the next six years, according to TSN's Frank Seravalli.

That would add up to $39 million over the next six years, and a modest $1.25 million per year raise from Krug's current salary. But based on the current chatter, with the Bruins exploring the idea of trading Krug's negotiating rights according to both Seravalli and Rear Admiral from Barstool Sports, Krug's camp is not interested in such a deal.

That $6.5 million per year cap hit may be close to the B's ceiling for Krug, too, with just under $14.5 million in available cap space this summer, and with the Bruins needing to come to terms with restricted free agents Jake DeBrusk and Matt Grzelcyk.

Getting Krug in at that price would leave the Bruins with under $8 million in available space, and while that may be enough to re-up their RFAs (and sign Zdeno Chara to another low-money deal), it would seriously restrict the B's ability to bolster their forward group, which once again feels like a need after another postseason run with extremely limited secondary scoring.

====================================================================

IMO opinion thats a solid offer. If not to his liking - see ya.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I think $6.5 M is very fair - will be interesting to see what he gets

It's a fair offer, which is what scares me. He could get more on the market for sure, but he apparently loves it here.

Again I hope this has just become public either for PR or to help him out, or both. I'd be very disappointed if they worked out a deal that had 6 years to it. That seems really shortsighted to me.

Reactions: JOKER 192
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad