Player Discussion Torey Krug V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
No idea. It pays to keep him at a reasonable cost (under $7m) and it pays to trade him at his highest value when your PP is at a historic rate. I guess if someone is willing to trade all out for him and you can get a future #1C in Zegras or maybe Cozens plus more, I think I would make that trade if I were the GM.

Yeah, if Krug can help to fill an organizational need (i.e., future #1 center), then I think that it’s worth pulling the trigger on such a deal.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
small sample size & who knows how long he can keep it up but over his last 4 games he has been putting on a Norris-caliber performance

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
I love Krug, but, would I trade him "at the high" for a #1 center/wing? Yes. I do worry about Bergy/Marchand/Krejci/Backes/ aging and not having any top-end talent to backfill. Yes, DeBrusk is a nice player.... On the other hand it looks like between Moore/Krug/Clifton/Carlo/Vaak/McAvoy we may have one guy to spare if it is a huge upgrade to top 6?

It would be a tough call but if we are ever going to trade Krug this is the time to do it his stock is as high as it will ever be. Would you trade him for someone like Mitch Marner?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
All the haters who wanted him gone, well are you happy now. Guy has and is a warrior, glad to have him and keep him long term.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He’s been a war horse. He’s playing w physicality too. Quite literally doing it all

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
My respect for Krug always goes back to him signing with The Bruins as college FA when the B's had a deep d-core and very good team and he wasn't guaranteed anything while Justin Schultz whom was the most sought after that year signed with The Oilers as he was guaranteed minutes. Before he signed though, and my memory is hazy, Krug tweeted something to Schultz telling him to sign with Boston and join a winner.
On-ice aside, that shows the kind of person he is. He took the harder road but wanted to win and had enough confidence and work ethic to make it work.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
He definitely proved his doubters wrong this postseason.

I've been a huge critic of Krug's lack of defense his entire Bruins career. It looks like the switch has finally been turned on, he has been outstanding in his own end throughout the playoffs. If he carries this over into next season I'll be a fan.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
I've been a huge critic of Krug's lack of defense his entire Bruins career. It looks like the switch has finally been turned on, he has been outstanding in his own end throughout the playoffs. If he carries this over into next season I'll be a fan.
So that means you're currently not a fan?

You also don't like Marchand, right? No judging, just curious.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
So that means you're currently not a fan?

You also don't like Marchand, right? No judging, just curious.

Krug is changing my mind with his play but the jury is still out- I want to see him play solid defense during the regular season before deciding. I haven't been a fan, I want my defensemen to play defense and frankly too often that has been an afterthought for Krug, until this post season he's been all offense all the time. He seems to get it now.

No, I will never like Marchand. I don't care if he scores 100 goals, I do not like nor have I ever liked "pest" hockey players. I wasn't a fan of Ken Linseman, or Esa Tikkanen, or Sean Avery or any of those guys. It's bush league hockey. JMO

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
Krug is changing my mind with his play but the jury is still out- I want to see him play solid defense during the regular season before deciding. I haven't been a fan, I want my defensemen to play defense and frankly too often that has been an afterthought for Krug, until this post season he's been all offense all the time. He seems to get it now.

No, I will never like Marchand. I don't care if he scores 100 goals, I do not like nor have I ever liked "pest" hockey players. I wasn't a fan of Ken Linseman, or Esa Tikkanen, or Sean Avery or any of those guys. It's bush league hockey. JMO

That's a shame. Marchand is an elite talent and is two games away from potentially being a major piece of bringing two cups to Boston.

It seems like you would rather see a team of PJ Axelssons and Chris Kellys struggle to score goals and win 50% of their games rather than entertaining, high-octane offense that wins 60% of their games.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

After watching this postseason I would say I almost have more respect for Brad. I used to get a bit annoyed by some of the antics, and yeah even a few times it has crossed the line to dirty, but he catches so much crap, and then you watch what STL does on a nightly basis and realize that Brad really is a pest in a world of guys who are predators. And man there is more made of his pest nature than of true predatory actions.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
This is the inconsistency of Torey Krug that people call out. Two games ago has an incredible game and puts up 4 points in a blow out then is the worst defender on the ice for the last 6 periods. Goes from immaculate passing and scoring to completely non existent and insanely turnover prone.

I hope he dominates the next two games but he’s been nothing short of trash the last two especially 5v5

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I’m so mad I bought into krug for once and the last 6 periods can’t make me wait more for him to be gone

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
This is the inconsistency of Torey Krug that people call out. Two games ago has an incredible game and puts up 4 points in a blow out then is the worst defender on the ice for the last 6 periods. Goes from immaculate passing and scoring to completely non existent and insanely turnover prone.

I hope he dominates the next two games but he’s been nothing short of trash the last two especially 5v5

Pretty bad 5 v5 in this series

Need Grz back in the lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->