Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Pretty decent explanation here:

That's really interesting.

I hope they are getting paid a ton from NHL teams, scouting bureaus, and the like. Because, holy smokes is that a labor intensive effort.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
"It’s not often you see a guy throw a hit like that without a helmet on, especially a small person like that." --63
Poor Krug. He gets mauled. He seems to lose it, and appears almost on the verge of taking a bad penalty on Perron. He controls himself, gets composure and lands a huge, clean hit on Thomas. A hit that certainly appeared to charge up the crowd and the bench.

He does everything almost perfectly....... and still, after all that, he gets chirped by Marchy. Just not right!!!!:laugh::laugh:

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
With the elevation of his defensive game before our eyes, he is finally turning into that Rafalski-like player with a legit 3 zone game. Pretty impressive, and definitely working himself into a huge deal somewhere if he keeps that up next year in his contract year.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Interesting watching the pregame McAvoy interview. Of course he calls out Chara as a leader and a mentor and a guy who has taught him so much. Then of course he switches to Krug, and what an amazing teacher and player he is, and how much he works with Charlie to help him learn about how to play the defenseman role in the offensive zone.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He and Gryz are always the tale of 2 performances in one game,good and bad,the passing is half terrible.

He wasn't tremendous last night, but he wasn't bad. I certainly wouldn't put him anywhere near the negative 3 stars on the night.

If his bad days are he is Bostons 3rd best defenseman on the night, while I can live with that

PeanutButter37

Feb 20, 2015
He wasn't tremendous last night, but he wasn't bad. I certainly wouldn't put him anywhere near the negative 3 stars on the night.

If his bad days are he is Bostons 3rd best defenseman on the night, while I can live with that

Who would you say was better than Krug last night? I'm genuinely curious. I don't really think anyone had a great game on the backend, but Krug was the only player that could get the puck out of the zone and had some really nice stretch passes to get into the offensive zone.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Who would you say was better than Krug last night? I'm genuinely curious. I don't really think anyone had a great game on the backend, but Krug was the only player that could get the puck out of the zone and had some really nice stretch passes to get into the offensive zone.

Fair enough, maybe McAvoy was better. Maybe Carlo. I think ultimately we are making the same point, that Krug wasn't the problem last night. He wasn't the wrecking ball he was in game 1, but was surprised to see people call him out after that game.

Reactions: PeanutButter37

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Fair enough, maybe McAvoy was better. Maybe Carlo. I think ultimately we are making the same point, that Krug wasn't the problem last night. He wasn't the wrecking ball he was in game 1, but was surprised to see people call him out after that game.

Absolutely not Carlo.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

It's just maddening when he makes some great plays,and then many of his passes absolutely suck. Gotta take him shift by shift.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It's just maddening when he makes some great plays,and then many of his passes absolutely suck. Gotta take him shift by shift.

exactly, he tries to make plays that most of the B`s other D-men don`t attempt, risk-reward type plays

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
both have their plus and minuses

but I prefer Grz ability to retrieve and bring out the puck out of the zone

it is a thing of a beauty

I guess. I don't want to speak ill especially after what happened to Gryz.

But this postseasom has made it very clear that they are very different players. Krug has elevated his game numerous level and is approaching top pairing status, and has been downright beast mode at least 1/3 of the time while racking up huge minutes. Gryz on the other hand has struggled badly at time, and made it very clear he is a bottom pairing guy who need significant protection.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
exactly, he tries to make plays that most of the B`s other D-men don`t attempt, risk-reward type plays

I guess some hard hat types would prefer that he bang pucks off the glass. That's not winning hockey, certainly not in today's NHL.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia

Gotta keep this guy, he isn't gonna break the bank he will be respectful to the bruins winning culture like bergy, marchy and pasta.

Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad