Player Discussion Torey Krug V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Krug Carlo McAvoy

Lose one of Gryz, Clifton, Moore.

Vaak takes a step forward and takes Gryz role. Easy, no deals with Seattle. Vegas built their team off their deals teams made to protect others, suck it up and lose 1 good young D and move on.
Yeah, protect Carlo for sure. Losing Grz is awful (way worse than losing C. Miller IMO), but we do have a particularly strong LD prospect pool.

Just looking at the expansion draft LOL at Vegas not having to give up a player when they're Cup favorites this year. Even when they aren't involved the expansion draft benefits them.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yeah, protect Carlo for sure. Losing Grz is awful (way worse than losing C. Miller IMO), but we do have a particularly strong LD prospect pool.

Just looking at the expansion draft LOL at Vegas not having to give up a player when they're Cup favorites this year. Even when they aren't involved the expansion draft benefits them.
I truly appreciate and like Grizz but I`m not on the same side of many here who think his absence would be a massive loss, just think the B`s have the depth to move on from him if they were to lose him in expansion draft.

Again, before I get hammered here or via PM, I like the guy, just think the B`s would be perfectly fine if they needed to move on

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Maybe you protect 4 D.

I’m not trying to say losing JDB would be good or whomever the top forward exposed would be but losing JDB if he cashed in for 7 per a year prior and having that money to spend on a replacement would be OK.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Sounds like he will sign

Bruins know they have to be at $6 something minimum

Bruins know they have to be at atleast 5 years and realize Krug will want 7 so 6 is logical

Bruins know if they are getting a home town discount because he wants to remain a Bruins NMC has to be all the way thru

I have faith in Sweeney when it comes to re-signs so I think he'll work his magic here. I just want the term as short as possible, ideally 4-5. 6 scares me and 7 is just stupid. He's a high-risk guy to break down and he's not exactly fast today, so each year he's gonna lose a bit more relative to most. I know Sweeney knows this though, so hopefully it works out.

member 96824

I have been on the "I guess we have to let Krug walk" train. But the idea of being able to have him back at a number we can afford makes me giddy.

same same same. Would love it...but at the same time, I’d also love to see Torey Krug net 8-9 million on a long term deal and set his family up for life. Very few, if anyone, deserves it more

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
same same same. Would love it...but at the same time, I’d also love to see Torey Krug net 8-9 million on a long term deal and set his family up for life. Very few, if anyone, deserves it more

A universe where making $6.5 million a year on a long term is not setting your family up for life so well is one that I have no familiarity with :laugh:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

I don't know how much you need to set your family up for life in the USofA, but after taxes, escrow, agent fees. TK47 has netted about $13 million. Isn't that enough to set your family up for life?

That said, I agree with you (for a change). Would love to see TK47 get his payday.

Reactions: Chief Nine

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I just don’t understand the “let krug be your rental” crowd. After seeing what Faulk got the Hurricanes. You either need to trade krug or sign him to an extension. Those are really the only two option. Considering how the season starts tonight, the option to trade him seems very remote if you consider the fact teams who will be trying to acquire krug through trade will also be contenders. So they likely will be avoiding giving up impact players during the season. Any team out of contention will not be trading for Krug because he will just walk and it will be useless.

Bruins have really backed themselves up against a wall right now and Krug holds every ounce of leverage right now. Be prepared for the overpay, it’s coming.

If management let’s him walk that will be a massive misstep by them.

Reactions: Estlin

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I just don’t understand the “let krug be your rental” crowd. After seeing what Faulk got the Hurricanes. You either need to trade krug or sign him to an extension. Those are really the only two option. Considering how the season starts tonight, the option to trade him seems very remote if you consider the fact teams who will be trying to acquire krug through trade will also be contenders. So they likely will be avoiding giving up impact players during the season. Any team out of contention will not be trading for Krug because he will just walk and it will be useless.

Bruins have really backed themselves up against a wall right now and Krug holds every ounce of leverage right now. Be prepared for the overpay, it’s coming.

If management let’s him walk that will be a massive misstep by them.

The Faulk return sucked.

Edmondson is a $3.1 mill 4-5 D. Bokk is a good not great prospect and they swapped a 5th for a 7th

Yeah, let's trade a dollar for 2 quarters

Reactions: wintersej

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
The Faulk return sucked.

Edmondson is a $3.1 mill 4-5 D. Bokk is a good not great prospect and they swapped a 5th for a 7th

Yeah, let's trade a dollar for 2 quarters

Bokk was ranked 50th and just outside the top 50 on two separate Athletic prospect ranks and edmunson has averaged 20 minutes per game the last two years while playing lock down defense.

Bokk would instantly be the best prospect in the bruins system and acquiring a 2nd pairing defender with it. That’s a great deal for the hurricanes.

I am literally stunned anyone can think that return sucked. A future top line player and a second pairing D for Justin Faulk....

Last edited:
Reactions: Tbaybruin

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
A future top line player. Okay there.

If he was a guarantee to hit that he never gets dealt

member 96824

I don't know how much you need to set your family up for life in the USofA, but after taxes, escrow, agent fees. TK47 has netted about $13 million. Isn't that enough to set your family up for life?

That said, I agree with you (for a change). Would love to see TK47 get his payday.

13 mil over an 85 year old life is 150k a year Mr. T. Across two parents and a child that’s not bad, not great..but certainly not setting up that new baby girl to not have to work!

member 96824

A universe where making $6.5 million a year on a long term is not setting your family up for life so well is one that I have no familiarity with :laugh:

I make that in my sleep, but I learned the tricks of the trade from Dom. Not a luxury Torey has.

Reactions: Dr Hook

member 96824

Bokk was ranked 50th and just outside the top 50 on two separate Athletic prospect ranks and edmunson has averaged 20 minutes per game the last two years while playing lock down defense.

Bokk would instantly be the best prospect in the bruins system and acquiring a 2nd pairing defender with it. That’s a great deal for the hurricanes.

I am literally stunned anyone can think that return sucked. A future top line player and a second pairing D for Justin Faulk....

Do you trade Chara too then?

Bergeron’s 34, probably never going to be more valuable than he is today. Have to consider that as well if you’re not worried about winning a cup.

member 96824

Fair.

BUT

He is not finished earning yet has he. That is what he has earned to date. Doesn't even include this season ;)

I talked to Torey at a bar one time for 2 seconds so I consider him a very close family friend and I want him to get 15 million.

Reactions: Dom - OHL

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
13 mil over an 85 year old life is 150k a year Mr. T. Across two parents and a child that’s not bad, not great..but certainly not setting up that new baby girl to not have to work!
That’s only true assuming it was stuffed in a mattress. Even very safely invested, it’s quite enough. Invested with average risk tolerance it’s still enough to keep him, and his family, in the top 1%.

member 96824

That’s only true assuming it was stuffed in a mattress. Even very safely invested, it’s quite enough. Invested with average risk tolerance it’s still enough to keep him, and his family, in the top 1%.

don’t kill my vibe here linseman

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Do you trade Chara too then?

Bergeron’s 34, probably never going to be more valuable than he is today. Have to consider that as well if you’re not worried about winning a cup.

Wtf are you even talking about. Did you quote the wrong post because nothing of what you said has anything to do with what I said.

member 96824

Wtf are you even talking about. Did you quote the wrong post because nothing of what you said has anything to do with what I said.

No. You seem to be very interested in getting max value for assets, hence wanting to trade Krug for a Faulk like return.

so I’m asking: What do we do with Chara and Bergeron if we’re in “get value for assets” and not “ice the best team possible to win a Stanley cup” mode

Reactions: Pia8988

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
No. You seem to be very interested in getting max value for assets, hence wanting to trade Krug for a Faulk like return.

so I’m asking: What do we do with Chara and Bergeron if we’re in “get value for assets” and not “ice the best team possible to win a Stanley cup” mode

Every contender should trade their UFAs. Gotta get max value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->