Player Discussion Torey Krug V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Great! I love Krug and want him to stay. Now the million (8 million?) dollar question is what does fair mean?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

I don't think any of the current players would ever come right out and say they're going for every last dollar, after what our top line did in terms of their contracts. But I do think Krug means what he said.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think any of the current players would ever come right out and say they're going for every last dollar, after what our top line did in terms of their contracts. But I do think Krug means what he said.
He said Marchand was way to low

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Great! I love Krug and want him to stay. Now the million (8 million?) dollar question is what does fair mean?
Last playoffs Krug talked about "market value " now he's talking about "fair value", it's a good thing as market value would priced him out of Boston. He really wants to stay and take a discount as long it's fair to make it work.

Good on him to openly say it.

Reactions: Dr Hook

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
He said Marchand was way to low

Marchand should be earning at least double of what he's making right now. A bit unfortunate timing for him to explode as a top-5 forward in the league right after the contract was signed, but I'm sure he'll manage with scant $49,000,000 in 8 years.

Reactions: sarge88

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
My opinion: start talking to him now and sign him if he is truly being fair, regardless of getting the other two under contract.

Puts the onus on Carlo and McAvoy. Here it is boys, there are X amount of dollars, and they sure are going fast. This guy wants to be here and he proved it. Do you?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Well he says Marchand, pasta and bergerons all seem low. So it appears he’s looking for $7m or more.

He will be entering his age 29 season with any new deal. Not interested in paying him $7m per year after his age 32 season. 4 years /$28m would be my max I give him if he wants the $7m AAV

Last edited:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
If its not a Backes type buyout proof deal what about giving him 8 years to keep the cap hit down?

8 years 40 mil or so can he turn that down? Contracts a steal for 4 years even value for 2 and maybe you buyout the last two or hes a little overpaid etc etc.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Bergeron is a top 5 center. It is a fact.

I’m not disputing that at all. Did you read any of the previous posts to gain any context of what we were talking about or did you just see that one post and respond to it?

What I’m saying is krug said he’s not taking as big of a hometown discount/ go as far below his market value as bergy, Marchand and pasta did. Aka he’s going to be asking for more money than all 3 of those guys per season.

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I’m not disputing that at all. Did you read any of the previous posts to gain any context of what we were talking about or did you just see that one post and respond to it?

What I’m saying is krug said he’s not taking as big of a hometown discount/ go as far below his market value as bergy, Marchand and pasta did. Aka he’s going to be asking for more money than all 3 of those guys per season.

Actually, that's not what he's saying at all. He said that Marchand and Bergeron were "low" for what he feels they should be making. He never said what he thought he should be paid.

Personally, I am not going to stress over it. I would like Krug to stay and I think that if he's willing to sign for $7m or less, he will remain in Boston. If he isn't, he will be headed elsewhere next year and the money will go towards different players (Coyle, Grizz).

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Actually, that's not what he's saying at all. He said that Marchand and Bergeron were "low" for what he feels they should be making. He never said what he thought he should be paid.

Personally, I am not going to stress over it. I would like Krug to stay and I think that if he's willing to sign for $7m or less, he will remain in Boston. If he isn't, he will be headed elsewhere next year and the money will go towards different players (Coyle, Grizz).
6 years max that would bring him to 33 years old.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
If Krug was 27 I might give him his 7 million for 6 years, he'd be 33 when it expires. But not at 29.

I thought he was a lot younger for some reason. Or maybe I'm just getting older :wally:

Reactions: hrdpuk

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Krug said Bergeron was underpaid at $6.85m. Doubt he’s signing for less. Also paying him that in his age 34 season is not favorable.

Don't disagree on what it might take, but Krug can't reasonably think he's more valuable than Bergeron, even if Bergeron's underpaid. Saying Bergeron underpaid at 6.85 is not the same as saying Krug is underpaid at 6.85. Bergeron's real value is greater than Krug's real value, so the question is what does Krug think market value is for himself?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think we've been consistently lucky with players taking below market value to stay with the Bruins. Even the Krejci deal, which some may point out as not being a significant cut coming in the wake of Bergeron signing for less a year before. He was coming off a ~70 point season and the year before had that great 2013 playoff run where he led the playoffs in scoring. If you look at the comparable contracts, you can tell he should have been higher than most of the players on here:

David Krejci Comparables Results - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Reactions: sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad