Post-Game Talk: TOR @ WSH | 10/16/19 | 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Leafs were on a back-to-back but we took advantage of it and wore them down. I still didn't love our game at times but it was good enough to win. Gudas continued his impressive play, I have been surprised by how efficient he is.

Reactions: Calicaps

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Take that win Vs a good team. What year was it where we led the league in one goal wins? I think we ended up getting rolled in the first round but it sounded good.

The Caps played well but is Toronto any good? They certainly didn't play well.

They're at 50% but won against bad teams only. They had to come behind against both Minnesota and Ottawa and weren't the better team. They also got rekt properly by the Bolts.

The Leafs suck...like they always do.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
Well, you should get ****ing excited for a win. You like this team or not? How can you not get excited by a win? lol!!!!
I said two points! Just so much dumb. Agree with everything Cali says above. Which means it should have been a 5-1 game. Unforced errors and turnovers need to go. Leipsic makes less errors with high quality plays than nearly every on this team.... thats great and sad.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I'm guessing Kempny has just gotten healthy. Well, about an hour ago.

On a side note, Caps should make sure that Panik and Siegenthaler are fully healthy before they come back. Like a 110% healthy. Take no chances. Exercise extreme patience.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
JC, Leipsic, and Kuzy were my stars... I missed the first 5min of 2nd and only saw goal replays. I thought it was backstrom’ s best game of year but once again....show me vs rested team. Just glad to see he was better with puck minus the zone entry on last PP

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

On a side note, Caps should make sure that Panik and Siegenthaler are fully healthy before they come back. Like a 110% healthy. Take no chances. Exercise extreme patience.

Well, Panik they can afford to hold out...but at least one of Siegenthaler and Kempny is gonna play against the Rangers...whether that's on one leg or on two.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
102.5 point pace and they’ve played only playoff teams from last year and almost certainly this year

Reactions: Calicaps

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

I wonder what the Caps cap condition is with Kempny out and two more players out but still on the cap?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I don't get the argument. Can't they LTIR him retroactively at any time?

Yes... but the argument for not doing it was that Kempny would have to miss 10 games. Well, we're at Game #9 and he still may not be ready which means he would have missed 10 games regardless and with the strategy they chose to take by not LTIRing him they hamstrung their lineup.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
Does retro kill their banked cap space? Or does it only mean retro on min games and cap situation is based on day they declare LTIR?

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Yes, they can, which is what they likely will have to do if Siege can't play on Friday.

Nah, they won't. They'll make Stephenson take a little trip to the AHL for a game. Who knows, maybe eventually we get lucky and some team claims one of these guys.

Reactions: HSHS

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Maybe we can play Samsonov next game. Like, no controversy... Holtby is still #1, no two ways about it. Nothing to see here. We just play Samsonov.

Reactions: kicksavedave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad