Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Travis Dermott signs extension with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $874,125)

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I'm legitimately surprised he hasn't signed that right now because he has absolutely no argument for making more than Thornton or Spezza
Maybe the Leafs asked him to wait to make sure thay had enough cap space at the start of the season.

Upon further reflection, it can't be that unless they really need him on the NHL roster as his cap hit could be buried...

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Maybe the Leafs asked him to wait to make sure thay had enough cap space at the start of the season.

Upon further reflection, it can't be that unless they really need him on the NHL roster as his cap hit could be buried...

They don't need him on the NHL roster this year either, I'm not sure why he hasn't taken that

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Hopefully no one throws one of those offersheets at Anderson! People forget a team can offersheet him at 1.4 million and the Leafs will get nothing in return.

Jeepers!
He is a 10.2C player. He can not sign an offersheet.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Hopefully no one throws one of those offersheets at Anderson! People forget a team can offersheet him at 1.4 million and the Leafs will get nothing in return.

Jeepers!

1.They could, but no one would because,
2. Andersen would never sign a 1.4m contract and
3. The Leafs would match without hesitation which would,
4. Create a negative view around the league for the GM that sent the offer sheet.

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
he produced better than Johnsson and Kapanen at 5v5 if you adjust for ice time
Ah ! the good old adjustments.

So, 7 goals + 11 assists is better than 11 goas + 20 assists at ES if you adjust for ice time ?

Kapanen ES ice time: 888.55

Spezza ES ice time: 557.07

Goals: I agree they're equal with a slight edge to Spezza (4%)

Assists: 13% edge to Kapanen.

It must be these damn new maths.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
And how does that contradict my comment ?

"There are worse teams than ours. Hurrah !"
? He’s a third pairing d man. How many points should he be getting?

much different if you have a 3rd overall pick who’s about to bust because he’s offensively challenged.

how are those Finnish league games going? He filling the net or? 2gp 0g 0a. Ouch

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
? He’s a third pairing d man. How many points should he be getting?

much different if you have a 3rd overall pick who’s about to bust because he’s offensively challenged.

how are those Finnish league games going? He filling the net or? 2gp 0g 0a. Ouch
The posts I was quoting were talking about forwards replacing Kapanen.

2 games ? Ouch. his career is over...

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown

If we are talking about Kotkaniemi I would be really worried about him if I were you. He is showing a lot of signs of a player who was rushed to the NHL.

He was bad this last season (Playoffs not with standing) so bad that he was demoted to Laval. He can still put it together but he is playing at a 0.365 PPG pace. Even for a 3C that is a 30- 35 point pace. Not really going to cut it.

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
If we are talking about Kotkaniemi I would be really worried about him if I were you. He is showing a lot of signs of a player who was rushed to the NHL.

He was bad this last season (Playoffs not with standing) so bad that he was demoted to Laval. He can still put it together but he is playing at a 0.365 PPG pace. Even for a 3C that is a 30- 35 point pace. Not really going to cut it.
Yep. His career is over... :wally :scared: :boredom:

The90

Feb 27, 2017

I can describe his 2 assists in his previous 46 nhl games if you want? Or I can give you a continuous running total? Up to you. Both will be as equally unimpressive

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Ah ! the good old adjustments.

So, 7 goals + 11 assists is better than 11 goas + 20 assists at ES if you adjust for ice time ?

Kapanen ES ice time: 888.55

Spezza ES ice time: 557.07

Goals: I agree they're equal with a slight edge to Spezza (4%)

Assists: 13% edge to Kapanen.

It must be these damn new maths.

ES =/= 5v5

P/60 5v5
Spezza - 2.24
Kapanen - 1.84

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->