Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Travis Dermott signs extension with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $874,125)

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Has Anderson been signed yet ?

They'll surely find a body to replace Kapanen.

His production ? More difficult...

Replacing the 20 goal version from 2018/19, sure. Replacing last year's production won't be difficult, 13 goals is not a hard number to replace.

Reactions: Menzinger

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Always fun to read how valuable and irreplaceable a 40pt player is when they get traded from the Leafs.

Only thing that will be missed is the PK. But someone like Anderson will do, and Kapanen’s hands and creativity in the offensive zone are about on par with Anderson :laugh:

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
40 points isnt that hard find
Do you believe any of the players mentioned in the post I quoted will reach 40 points (or 44 as in 2018-2019) ?

And production is not limited to goals and assists.

Whay about the danger he represented for the opponents on the PK ?

Or the fact that the threat of his speed forced the opponents' d-men to be less on the offense ?

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Hopefully no one throws one of those offersheets at Anderson! People forget a team can offersheet him at 1.4 million and the Leafs will get nothing in return.

Jeepers!
Just answer one of two questions:

Has he been signed ?

Are you aware that he falls under the 10.2(c) clause (ineligible for an offer sheet) ?

Subsidiary question: Do you need a towel for all the egg on your face ?

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

Has he been signed ?

Are you aware that he falls under the 10.2(c) clause (ineligible for an offer sheet) ?

Oh boy! Lucky for us in that case. With all of the other offer sheets floating around the team I must have been confused!

You would know better than me, though. You have 20,000 posts about the Leafs (congrats on the milestone by the way - Mom is very proud). I love you, Beauchie! Don't you ever forget that!

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Do you believe any of the players mentioned in the post I quoted will reach 40 points (or 44 as in 2018-2019) ?

And production is not limited to goals and assists.

Whay about the danger he represented for the opponents on the PK ?

Or the fact that the threat of his speed forced the opponents' d-men to be less on the offense ?

I think Simmonds and Thornton and Spezza will be able to comfortably make up the loss of him (and Johnsson/Clifford for that matter) in terms of secondary scoring.

I think youre grossly exaggerating his pk abilities too. Kapanen was fast but he wasn't able to do much with the puck beacuse of his low hockey iq.

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Oh boy! Lucky for us in that case. With all of the other offer sheets floating around the team I must have been confused!

You would know better than me, though. You have 20,000 posts about the Leafs (congrats on the milestone by the way - Mom is very proud). I love you, Beauchie! Don't you ever forget that!
Mom died 62.5 months ago.

Not nice... :cry:

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I think Simmonds and Thornton and Spezza will be able to comfortably make up the loss of him (and Johnsson/Clifford for that matter) in terms of secondary scoring.

I think youre grossly exaggerating his pk abilities too. Kapanen was fast but he wasn't able to do much with the puck beacuse of his low hockey iq.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I don't particularly like crow, but...

The proof is in the pudding.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
TSN should write an article every week during the offseason about Dermott's relief and his embracing, and his pivotal 874k 1 year deal.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

None of those guys are producing much ES without PP mins.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Has he been signed ?

No as of this writing Joey Anderson is not signed, and that doesn't actually matter, the guy has zero negotiating power he will take what the Leafs choose to give him which will probably be 700K because What's he done to deserve more than Thornton and Spezza?

He probably wouldn't even get that if it wasn't the minimum

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
No as of this writing Joey Anderson is not signed, and that doesn't actually matter, the guy has zero negotiating power he will take what the Leafs choose to give him which will probably be 700K because What's he done to deserve more than Thornton and Spezza?

He probably wouldn't even get that if it wasn't the minimum

He's already been offered $874,125

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad