Proposal: Tor/Stl

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
To STL:
Tyler Bozak
Brandon Leipsic or Connor Carrick
Conditional 2nd Round pick (If Toronto makes the playoffs turns into a 1st - if not STL receives a 2nd + 4th)

To Tor:
Kevin Shattenkirk

Bozak makes salary works - gives STL an option at #2 - he's more of a 3C. Capable of playing in the top 9. STL gets a good prospect albeit not "blue-chip" and a 2nd round pick.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
That's a lot for a rental who isn't going to help us win a Cup. Leafs aren't in the market for rentals.

I still seriously doubt Shattenkirk is the best option everything considered (especially with the 7x7 deal it would take to re-sign him, assuming he comes here).

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
Bozak makes sense. Carrick and Leipsic don't really fulfill any needs. We've got 3 Top 6 LWs as is and a young RHD in waiting for whenever Shattenkirk departs. Beyond Center the Blues most need a potential 2nd line RW or Top 4 LHD.

DrTucker

Jan 29, 2015
Halifax
To STL:
Tyler Bozak
Brandon Leipsic or Connor Carrick
Conditional 2nd Round pick (If Toronto makes the playoffs turns into a 1st - if not STL receives a 2nd + 4th)

To Tor:
Kevin Shattenkirk

Bozak makes salary works - gives STL an option at #2 - he's more of a 3C. Capable of playing in the top 9. STL gets a good prospect albeit not "blue-chip" and a 2nd round pick.

Remove the pick I'd be more inclined. Or at least remove the condition on the pick. Without the condition its still a good (not great) package for a rental.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
Not interested in Bozak, every time I see him play he looks lazy/uninterested. Think the best available dman rental can get a 1st + at the deadline.

TBC

Dec 22, 2016
Remove the pick and I'd be ok with the trade as a Leafs fan. I'd prefer to just wait till off-season and see if we can sign him though. It's not like adding him makes us an instant cup contender so it seems silly to buy.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Not interested in Bozak, every time I see him play he looks lazy/uninterested. Think the best available dman rental can get a 1st + at the deadline.

He is like Nylander (but way less talented) in that he doesn't change his skating style when he changes speeds and doesn't play physical, focusing more on the puck. That is what makes him look lazy. He is good on faceoffs, good advanced stats 5on5, but under no circumstances should you ever expect him to connect on a one timer or tip in, and gets completely lost on 2 on 1s. He is a really good 3C, mediocre 2C.

This is not enough for Shattenkirk.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
He is like Nylander (but way less talented) in that he doesn't change his skating style when he changes speeds and doesn't play physical, focusing more on the puck. That is what makes him look lazy. He is good on faceoffs, good advanced stats 5on5, but under no circumstances should you ever expect him to connect on a one timer or tip in, and gets completely lost on 2 on 1s. He is a really good 3C, mediocre 2C.

This is not enough for Shattenkirk.

I agree with everything here. We just don't need another 3c especially for Shatty who will get a pretty good return as a rental.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Leafs are in no position to give up any valuable assets for a rental defender. Pass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad