Trade: [TOR/STL] Randal Grichuk to the Jays for Dominic Leone and Conner Greene

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
This ^^^

Ideally the Jays would get rid of Morales so that Pearce would be 'full time DH' and the LF platoon could be improved but this OF is better than what we rolled out last year. Diaz/Solarte is better than Goins/Barney. Now need another pitcher and a back-up catcher. The moves aren't sexy but the team is better and deeper than last year.
I fully expect them to be in contention for a wild card spot. Just replacing the 2017 Bautista with Grichuk (who is a 2-3 win player) and Barney and Goins with Diaz and Solarte greatly improves the team. Last year, the Blue Jays relied on some of the leagues worst players for everyday at bats - whether it was due to poor performance or injuries, and now those players (minus Morales) have been replaced with quality ones.

Not to mention that last year they lost Donaldson, Tulowitzki, Travis, Martin, Sanchez, Happ, etc for extended periods of time. I don’t expect the team to be great, but wild card contention is definitely realistic to me.

It’s a shame they’re essentially stuck with Morales, there are some players out there much better than him who will likely sign for team friendly deals. My personal choice would be LoMo, but unless they eat most of his contract I don’t see him going anywhere.

GuitarGuy

Oct 3, 2017
Canada
Dont know much about him but his stats seem pretty decent. Will be interesting to see how he plays as a Jay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad