Speculation: (TOR/STL) Nylander+ for Parayko - could get it done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I did an analysis of The St. Louis Blues. The first thing that pops out is that you could use an upgrade over Soshnikov. Also too many 2C's and not enough 1C's. Plus goaltending issues.

Nylander plus makes a lot of sense for STL.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I did an analysis of The St. Louis Blues. The first thing that pops out is that you could use an upgrade over Soshnikov. Also too many 2C's and not enough 1C's. Plus goaltending issues.

We need to upgrade our 4th line? Not really sure why we need Nylander to accomplish that.

Nylander is a winger, so he has no impact on that, and ROR and Schenn are currently better.

Sure, Allen sucks, but again Nylander does nothing to help that, and taking away Parayko makes that situation even worse.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Until Parayko proves he can actually be a top pairing D-man, he's not going to fetch an elite center.
Nylander is not an elite center, he is not a center at all. nor is he an elite winger. Parayko has proven he can play #1 look at worlds. He gets #1mins on ice all you have is qoc. thats it.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
NHL Trade Rumors: Colton Parayko for William Nylander

Don't kill me. I don't know this source or how legit it is , but it's a great long weekend discussion.

Best Quote:

"The Leafs would have to offer a good player to entice the Blues to trade Parayko. ."
tenor.gif

Hey another Parayko thread.

8ewN.gif

End of year there will be over +100 threads Parayko for 'Leafovers'.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Whoever posted that link (don't go to it), check the PC you did it from because you probably have some sort of malware on your machine now.

I think a moderator just needs to have an alert setup that if a forum starts Nylander for Parayko or involves those two names, it just auto closes. These are getting ridiculous.

Reactions: Arioch

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Really like Parayko, but I don't think he quite lives up to the enormous reputation. That's not who you should target for a trade, unless you really are running out of options.
He doesnt have a reputation other than every teams fans would love to have him on thier team and blues fans are not willing to part with him. If that causes his reputation to increase then so be it. He is a #1 dman on about 10-15 teams in the league. He is our second best behind petro and we are not trading him unless its a huge over payment. Since we dont need a center anymore i dont see it happening

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

So your saying that Schenn and ROR are 2c's. Your wrong my friend schenn had 70 pts playing 1ac, Reilly has been called a 1bc, then we have bozak as a 45 pt 3c with thomas being talked about possibly taking over the 2c spot by december. We have tarasenko, perron marron on wing and a Jordan kyrou ohlmvp ready for 2rw duties. So really were do you get your info. Sosh will be 4th line

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
How bout no, OUr goalie prospects are all better then those guys. Come on toronto fans your starting to act like EDM fans, and stalking parayko at every turn. I think its time for a restraining order
Ummm, i was just posting goalies, i am fully aware that the Blues are not trading Parayko.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Ummm, i was just posting goalies, i am fully aware that the Blues are not trading Parayko.
I am sorry if i seemed short. You are one of the more reasonable Leafs fans. The only improvement over Allen that is better than Husso is anderson and you guys would be crazy to trade him for allen.

Reactions: Liferleafer

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Parayko plus? Jesus some of you guys have your head in the clouds. Wingers aren't that valuable.

Read much ? Or is this the game kids call opposites ?

Sorry for the post I see he change the posting :confused:

Last edited:

JohnnyO

Aug 10, 2008
Nylander is not an elite center, he is not a center at all. nor is he an elite winger. Parayko has proven he can play #1 look at worlds. He gets #1mins on ice all you have is qoc. thats it.
Was that the one Nylander won tournament MVP?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Until Parayko proves he can actually be a top pairing D-man, he's not going to fetch an elite center.

I wonder what his contract will be since he is an elite center...

JT got 11, Matthews may get 11.5 as a elite center, so for Nylander i guess around that too?:huh:

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
As a leaf fan, I appreciate that parayko would fill a need for us, but this screams situation where both sides are content to just keep their own guy.

Reactions: Shwabeal and Colt55
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad