Speculation: (TOR/STL) Nylander+ for Parayko - could get it done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
As a Blues fan the only question you need to also is: Do we have the defensive depth to do this deal. Also we would like a goalie as part of the package for Nylander
As a Blues fan, the answer is simple, just no, Parayko isn't being moved. Find someone else to obsess about.

Reactions: Colt55

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
NHL Trade Rumors: Colton Parayko for William Nylander

Don't kill me. I don't know this source or how legit it is , but it's a great long weekend discussion.

Best Quote:

"The Leafs would have to offer a good player to entice the Blues to trade Parayko. Leafs winger, William Nylander, is a possibility. Nylander scored 20 goals, and 61 points last season. He is a restricted free agent currently without a contract. A deal would be dependent upon Nylander signing a long-term contract with the Blues."

The article says Nylander and the Leafs add a piece for Parayko but your thread says Nylander for Parayko +

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Guys, I have a confession to make.
I'm the hockey insider at NHL Trade Rumours and I've had a few too many tequilas today since it's the first day of my vacation.
Apologies, you can disregard this rumour.

Reactions: loyaltotheend

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
This is one of those rumours that has been made up for site hits. Blues have no reason to move Parayko, weakens their defensive strength. Leafs have no reason to move Nylander, weakens their top 6 strength. Nylander wants to stay a Leaf and Dubas has stated he sees it that way as well. Unless news to the contrary comes up, there is zero reason to believe leafs would look to move Nylander, and though I don't follow much news on the Blues, just doesn't make any sense for them to move a guy like him with nobody who could really replace him. Terrible speculation here.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Makes a lot of sense for Leafs, makes ZERO sense for STL.

No chance Blues do this... STL doesn't need Nylander like Leafs need Parayko. Also Blues wouldn't be adding anything at all

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
This isn't a rumour - it speculation by a fan site. I've edited the tag and title, and we'll monitor how the "banter" goes before deciding to close it or not. Behave yourselves, please. ;)

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
STL: you want Parayko for Nylander, you will have to add Carrick and Andersen to that... but we'll be generous, we will add Allen to Parayko to help you guys out

as for OP, the Blues dont have the depth to move Parayko... if it would be a LHD the TOR would need it would be a little different

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
This type of thread always seems to come up involving these 2 players and every time it still stays being a horrible idea.

Parayko is staying put and wont be going anywhere

I feel bad for STL fans on here having to constantly deal with this proposal

Reactions: stl76 and Colt55

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
As a Blues fan the only question you need to also is: Do we have the defensive depth to do this deal. Also we would like a goalie as part of the package for Nylander

The only goalie that is an upgrade or even worth entertaining the thought of trading from our weakest position of depth to a position in which we just added 3 players and have two more on the cusp this year along with multiple the year after is Anderson. Sparks/Mcelhinney/ whoever else is in your system does nothing for us. I would and I’m sure many would prefer Husso over all of them as early as halfway through this next year.

Sparks? McElhinney? Pickard?

No, gross, and certainly not. You’re gonna have to waive someone. Why would we give up assets when we can just wait for Woll to come home without giving up any assets :sarcasm:

Regardless read the first part of this reply. I really like Nylander, he’s just simply not a need anymore. We don’t really have any holes in the skater department at the moment. The only position that is debatable is right defense depth. Left d could entertain an upgrade but I think most of us are pretty faithful that Vince Dunn will take another step forward or at least continue to be a solid #4 option esp next to Parayko. Before Jake Gardiner is brought into the discussion, that is an upgrade but I fail to see it as an upgrade that is worth entertaining the cap hit or assets that y’all would want.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Really like Parayko, but I don't think he quite lives up to the enormous reputation. That's not who you should target for a trade, unless you really are running out of options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad