Confirmed Trade: [TOR/STL] D Jordan Schmaltz for D Andreas Borgman

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I'd love if Dubas made an NHL move that targeted someone with grit. Everyone and their mothers can see this roster will be pushed around all over the ice. That's not going to be very entertaining. Entertainment is actually why people watch sports.

I think it's pretty entertaining when the Leafs put the puck in the net. They shouldn't have much trouble doing that again this season.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Ceci is 6”2, Schmaltz is also 6”2. Not saying they hit everything they see but those are not small players.

Look both players have something to prove. If Ceci can regain his form and be a solid number 4 I will take that. Schmaltz has to prove he is at worst a 6. Kivihalme from all accounts was one of the best if not the best D man in the SHL playoffs last season. If he can step in for Dermott we are laughing. Not saying I wouldn’t want a Chara esq player or two but we went from a tire fire to a pretty solid D without having to give up what most consider our two best D prospects.

This is how I see the pairings
Reilly Barrie
Muzzin Ceci
Kivihalme Schmaltz
Holl
Well that's why I said small or weak schmaltz and ceci are decently big but not mean.
On defence I think they are fine a bit more toughness would be great but they can really move the puck well on the blue line.

I'm more concerned about the forwards. They have team toughness but p much every individual forward is kinda soft cept Hyman.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I hope Schmaltz get change to play Leafs. He didn't crack in Blues d-core which is very hard, but like a broken record if you can't beat Bortuzzo you might ask yourself is he really that good? Yet again Bortuzzo is one of my favourite players in Blues and he can turn 'jets' when he wants.

One thing what I liked about Schmaltz game was his gamespeed with puck. He can fly if he get change for it.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Literally the first sentence of my post is “this trade has minimal impact for both teams” Borgman isn’t gonna be anything more than a 7th D but he skates as well as Schmaltz, Shoots better, is more physical and a better defender. Schmaltz is a better passer and has more vision. Idk who this casual observer you’re talking about is.
Yet you managed to declare a winner in a trade of two ahl players hahaha

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->