Confirmed Trade: [TOR/STL] D Jordan Schmaltz for D Andreas Borgman

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Don't mind it as low risk/high reward type move. More depth on the right side, too.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
FWIW Schmaltz already passed through waivers last year while Borgman can be sent down without needing them.

Wonder if this means Harpur won't be the 7th d in camp.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Well, Borgman probably isn't an NHler and if he is it's bottom pairing. So what is Schmaltz ceiling? I'm assuming this is an AHL deal?

Schmaltz needs waivers to pass through again. Which he probably will.

This is just about a RHD to compete with Harpur in camp for the 6th spot along with Marincin/Gravel while Dermott is on IR.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Well, Borgman probably isn't an NHler and if he is it's bottom pairing. So what is Schmaltz ceiling? I'm assuming this is an AHL deal?

Do Marlies really need a RHD?

With Lily, Lindgren, Hollowell, Duszak... This is probably the designated press box warmer, unless something else comes up.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003

I can't speak about Borgman, but Schmaltz has been stuck behind two very good dmen and never provided the physicality that Bortuzzo (who was resigned for 3 years last season) did to the bottom pairing. I thought he deserve more of a chance in St. Louis and hope he gets playing time in Toronto. He may have bottom pairing d potential at this point. Solid puck mover, but doesn't love to be hit. Very good AHL dman.

After he got sent down last year, he fizzled. I think a fresh start will do him wonders.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
How many depth d does Toronto need jeez

This is a LHD for RHD trade. No forwards involved.

Edit:
Lmao that it went from "how many forwards do they need" to "how many depth defensemen do they need".

I am guessing you would rather they have no players? We are still under the 50 contract limit so we have about the same amount of players as any other franchise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad