Confirmed with Link: TOR signs Rasmus Sandin to Entry-Level Contract

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Is signing him at this point, a move to better control his destiny next season? (similar to what we did with Liljegren)

It would seem silly to tie up the contract spot at this point in the offseason if not, wouldn't it?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Is signing him at this point, a move to better control his destiny next season? (similar to what we did with Liljegren)

It would seem silly to tie up the contract spot at this point in the offseason if not, wouldn't it?

Sandin will only take up a contract spot if he plays in the NHL, as whether he is in the CHL, AHL, or SHL, he’s considered a junior player and his contract slides.

I think the decision of where he plays ultimately does belong to the Leafs and Rasmus.

If Rogle has plans for him to play significant minutes, then the Leafs would probably be included to keep him there. However, if they don’t have plans for him, Rogle wouldn’t be against loaning him to the Greyhounds again, or have his contract bought out by the Leafs so he can play in the AHL

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Pretty much.
That must be it, because it puts us up to 47 contracts, with Nylander still to sign which will make 48. It wouldn't make sense to tie up to contract spot otherwise when you are that close to the limit, when you are not pressed to sign him.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Good to hear, hopefully they figure out what his playing situation is soon. I've heard the kid wants to play for Rogle.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Sandin will only take up a contract spot if he plays in the NHL, as whether he is in the CHL, AHL, or SHL, he’s considered a junior player and his contract slides.
That's not what cap friendly says.
I know being junior age he will not burn a year of ELC, or be counted as a pro (like Liljegren), but his contract seems to count towards the 50 slots, according to their site.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That's not what cap friendly says.
I know being junior age he will not burn a year of ELC, or be counted as a pro (like Liljegren), but his contract seems to count towards the 50 slots, according to their site.

It technically counts right now. However once he’s assigned to wherever he plays this season, it will be removed as the contract slides to begin next year.

Because you pretty much start every thread regarding leafs news.
I think someone else started one a week ago and I almost died of shock :laugh:

:laugh: whenever LeafsPR tweet, I get a notification, and the new HF lets you just paste the tweet link into a post and it puts the tweet in automatically, so it takes like 30 seconds :laugh:

I came across the CapFriendly tweet and saw no one had started a thread yet.

Odd that the Leafs haven’t announced it yet officially, but CapFriendly has full contract details.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
It technically counts right now. However once he’s assigned to wherever he plays this season, it will be removed as the contract slides to begin next year.

:laugh: whenever LeafsPR tweet, I get a notification, and the new HF lets you just paste the tweet link into a post and it puts the tweet in automatically, so it takes like 30 seconds :laugh:

I came across the CapFriendly tweet and saw no one had started a thread yet.

Odd that the Leafs haven’t announced it yet officially, but CapFriendly has full contract details.
Well it's much appreciated and you've made my Twitter account obsolete haha
:cheers:

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Looks like Leafs are in control of his destiny. No Europe clause in his contract.

Growler

May 16, 2018

That's what I was wondering too.

Growler

May 16, 2018
Good to hear, hopefully they figure out what his playing situation is soon. I've heard the kid wants to play for Rogle.
Dubas said after the draft he expects him to play in the Soo. So, maybe that's why the ELC today then. Dubas wants to control.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Can we just play Sandin & Liljigren together on the Marlies for a season or two, and hope they develop into a solid pairing for the leafs some day?

Rielly - - Dermott
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Sandin - Liljigren

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->