Status
Not open for further replies.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I mean if he sucks then yes, will be sent down and the move to NHL play isn't always seamless, BUT I like the D pairs posted above where he's slotted in the 2nd pair.
Excellent.
He will be able to join the roster this season?

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Anybody not think that Dermott will be traded this offseason? I suspect we will likely see Dermott and AJ package together to get a RHD. This is our 2020-2021 lineup:

Hyman Matthews Marner
Mikheyev JT Nylander
Barabanov Kerfoot or ????? Kapanen
Engvall Gauthier Spezza
Korskov

Reilly ?????
Muzzin Liljegren
Lehtonen Holl
Marincin

(Sandin spends another year with Marlies)

Andersen
Campbell

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
Anybody not think that Dermott will be traded this offseason? I suspect we will likely see Dermott and AJ package together to get a RHD. This is our 2020-2021 lineup:

Hyman Matthews Marner
Mikheyev JT Nylander
Engvall Gauthier Spezza
Korskov

Reilly ?????
Muzzin Liljegren
Lehtonen Holl
Marincin

Andersen
Campbell
No way Liljegren plays on the NHL team if Sandin is in the minors, having your best players play is more important than having left-hand/right-hand pairs.

Excited about this signing, nice to see the Leafs as an attractive team for FAs.

Reactions: Ciao

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Quite possibly. But it definitely opens up more options.

For sure. While it opens up the option to trade, I don't think it is a definite prelude.
Last year we played more games with two of our top 4 out than with the entire defense intact, and two of the guys we've been pencilling in are waiver exempt.

We've got
1 High end top pair -Rielly
1 low end top pair - Muzzin
1 low end 2nd pair -Holl
+
2 hopeful low end 2nd pair -Dermott and Lehtonen

A pairing of a top pair and 2nd pair is more than effective at hard usage if they're the right guys.

So we've got 2 "ability" question marks in the top 5 + 2 "handedness" question marks in the top 5 (Rielly and Dermott to the right). We need to hit on one each of ability and handedness to have a complete well rounded top 4 when healthy. Hitting on all 4 takes it to a + level deep and versatile top 6, and that's without making trades.

Rielly to the right and/or Dermott to the right + hitting consistent top 4 level are absolute game changers for this team.

Last edited:

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton

Hyman Matthews Marner
Mikheyev JT Nylander
Engvall Gauthier Spezza
Korskov

Reilly ?????
Muzzin Liljegren
Lehtonen Holl
Marincin

Andersen
Campbell
While this scenario is more ideal, I feel the organization has Sandin well ahead of Liljegren.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
The thread on the Trade Rumours section about him is hilarious. So many people discounting the Leafs and saying we make everything about the Leafs, and now this.
Multiple people: Queue Leaf fans and media making this all about them lolol
Discussion thread: Literally not one fan or reporter links him to the Leafs.
End Result: Signs with the Leafs.
Signing thread: Dubas sucks!

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad