Confirmed with Link: TOR signs F Yegor Korshkov to 2 year ELC

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Woohoo! Some may not agree with me, but I think Korshkov and Grundstrom are going to be similar calliber players at the NHL level.

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
Dream your own dream, I'm hoping for a big inexpensive physical winger for the bottom 6 before the end of 2020-21.
Nothing is inexpensive with Dubas he caves in negotiations. He doesn't know what RFA means.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I don't know how anyone can look at his stat line and think "put him with our best player"

I don't think his stat line is what would make him a fit on that line.

It would be everything else he might have, which I doubt more than a couple people on this site would know.

I'm not suggesting he is on Matthews line, I'm suggesting if he brings the right intangibles being on that line could be a good fit for the same reason Hyman is good in the top 6 when many suggest he's a bottom sixer. Hyman as a 24 year old in the NHL had 28 points.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
This is good for the leafs. He’s been playing pro so he may be NHL ready. Could potentially be a nice cost controlled option for the middle/bottom6. Will especially help with the cap as well.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Does he hit and use his size in corners and in front of net? That's all I care about. If the answer is yes then he has a spot on this team. At 6"4 any skill with those attributes makes him a Hyman type player which we need right now.

Reactions: CelticDruid

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
This is good for the leafs. He’s been playing pro so he may be NHL ready. Could potentially be a nice cost controlled option for the middle/bottom6. Will especially help with the cap as well.
Cost controlled? Now that's just too funny.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Excellent addition. Glad he’s finally coming over. Late reinforcement in the cap era.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Nice news.
Taking care of business. Size and skill, development derailed abit with injury.
Looking forward to his Marlies play.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Nothing is inexpensive with Dubas he caves in negotiations. He doesn't know what RFA means.
Dubas Signings to Date:
Ozhiganov (ELC)
*Lindholm (ELC)
Engvall (ELC)
Lindgren (ELC)
*Carrick (1.3M)
*Pickard (.8M)
Tavares (11M)
Holl (.675M)
Gauthier (.675M)
Ennis (.65M)
Johnsson (.7875M)
Nylander (6.962M)
Scott (ELC)
Moore (.775M)
Rosen (.75M)
Matthews (11.634M)
Petan (.775M)
Sparks (.775M)
Borgman (.7M)
Duszak (ELC)
Korshkov (ELC)

(* = Traded/Waived)

Clearly this man does not understand value or the salary cap. Someone get him out of here before he brings in more League-minimum contracts and ELCs!

Last edited:

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
With limited money and contract space, I hope Dubas has some money left for a Euro free agent RD.

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Is his mobility NHL level?
Does he use his size?

That can make all the difference.

He's identified as a RW, does he play the off-wing?

It would be nice to have something like this.

Hyman-Tavares-Marner (if retained)
Korshkov-Matthews-Nylander
Engvall-Kadri-Kapanen
Marchment-Brooks-Moore
No Bracco?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Dubas Signings to Date:
Ozhiganov (ELC)
Lindholm (ELC)
Engvall (ELC)
Lindgren (ELC)
*Carrick (1.3M)
*Pickard (.8M)
Tavares (11M)
Holl (.675M)
Gauthier (.675M)
Ennis (.65M)
Johnsson (.7875M)
Nylander (6.962M)
Scott (ELC)
Moore (.775M)
Rosen (.75M)
Matthews (11.634M)
Petan (.775M)
Sparks (.775M)
Borgman (.7M)
Duszak (ELC)
Korshkov (ELC)

(* = Traded/Waived)

Clearly this man does not understand value or the salary cap. Someone get him out of here before he brings in more League-minimum contracts and ELCs!

Fortunately ELC have a max.

Unfortunately, most of those guys are no good.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
This guy will score 20 goals by Christmas playing with AM.

Unless Matthews learns to improve his play making ability, this will never happen. This is why a line with Johnsson and Kapanen doesn't work long term. Three shooters. Nylander is the perfect winger for him (well Marner truly is). But Matthews hasn't shown the ability to really elevate his wingers' games like Tavares and Marner can.

And just as I type that, not to derail the thread, but considering Marner elevates anyones game and so does Tavares based on his time on the Island (Moulson, Okposo, Paranteau, Lee)...why are the lines not...

Hyman Matthews Marner
Johnsson Tavares Kapanen

??

Reactions: Kurtz

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
Dubas Signings to Date:
Ozhiganov (ELC)
Lindholm (ELC)
Engvall (ELC)
Lindgren (ELC)
*Carrick (1.3M)
*Pickard (.8M)
Tavares (11M)
Holl (.675M)
Gauthier (.675M)
Ennis (.65M)
Johnsson (.7875M)
Nylander (6.962M)
Scott (ELC)
Moore (.775M)
Rosen (.75M)
Matthews (11.634M)
Petan (.775M)
Sparks (.775M)
Borgman (.7M)
Duszak (ELC)
Korshkov (ELC)

(* = Traded/Waived)

One year deal after ripping up the AHL. Now he probably wants around 4. Gotta lock up your depth not give them one year deals. You sign plugs to one year deals not guys who have shown they have real potential. Signing those types of guys to one year deals gets you burned which is exactly what has happened.
Young talented winger on one year deal + playing with world class center = shitty cap management. A GM is expected to be able to evaluate talent and lock it up for as cheap as possible not just hand out one year deals then pay up for the ones that do well. :help:

Reactions: Confucius

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad