Confirmed with Link: [TOR] Sign Justin Holl to NHL Contract (1 YR // 2-Way)

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
I was about to ask who this is until I read the tweet again. He earned it with his play last season for the Marlies.

Eisenh0rn

May 30, 2009
UK
These threads really show who actually follows the Marlies - really quite pathetic the lack of awareness of some fans.

LoneWolf

Dec 11, 2015
No one seems to care about Holl because he isn't a shiny new prospect but he was the best defenseman on the Marlies last year while being in his first full year in the AHL. They made the right decision giving him a contract over Percy. Remember, Babcock made an NHL defenseman out of Marancin who was a scratch in AHL before he arrived here.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
2nd round pick from Chicago that was thrown away, he worked his ass off to get an NHL contract and he deserves every penny. He is a legit NHL prospect.

Sportsnet blogger Steve "Dangle" Glynn asked both Sheldon Keefe and Kyle Dubas who was one of the most improved players on the Marlies in 2015-16, Both Keefe and Dubas mentioned Holl's improved play.

Don't count him out.

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
Nice chunk of change that signing bonus, bet someone's celebrating at the keg tonight.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
Thought Percy looked better in the playoffs for marlies but cant really comment over the course of the whole season

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Problem with Holl it seems is starts the year solid but halfway through his game always slips.

also when he is away from Muzzin he seems to struggle.

I’m happy with his development and I think we can’t ask for more from Holl. He’s a bottom pair dman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad