Confirmed with Link: TOR sign Jimmy Vesey (1 year, 900K)

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Pretty meh so far. Helped on a few goals but hasn't wowed. Hasn't been a liability either though.

Yeah. Hes basically just a body for the other guys to bang pucks in the net from on occasion.

Ideally they try some.other guys in his spot soon nd bump him down the lineup. Seems as if Simmonds may be on that line now based on today's practice lines

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Yeah. Hes basically just a body for the other guys to bang pucks in the net from on occasion.

Ideally they try some.other guys in his spot soon nd bump him down the lineup. Seems as if Simmonds may be on that line now based on today's practice lines

Seems like Keefe is trying to find that grit and tenacity that Hyman brings to the Matthews/Marner line. Vesey doesn't quite have that tenacity.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Pretty meh so far. Helped on a few goals but hasn't wowed. Hasn't been a liability either though.
It feels like he's "just there". He doesn't do much. I didn't have high expectations to begin with. He's a bandaid who can hopefully be on a decent goal pace with higher skilled players. It's certainly a reality that we need guys like Thornton and Robertson back because players like Vesey just aren't good enough in the top 6.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Seems like Keefe is trying to find that grit and tenacity that Hyman brings to the Matthews/Marner line. Vesey doesn't quite have that tenacity.

He never really did... that's why I'm still a little confused with the signing. He's very similar to JVR in terms of having size but not being overly aggressive. But JVR made up for it by being very skilled offensively, whereas Vesey is very average.

I think they could have done much better with the 900k-1M cap hit.

Reactions: Kurtz

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Vesey to me falls into the category of many other players.

Jimmy Hayes, Freddy The Goat, Joe Colborne, Carter Ashton, Josh Leivo.
Just finish a check, show some intensity, play with energy.
These guys were talented enough that if they just played with a spark every night they would be a valuable player.

Vesey leaves me wanting more every game. He will be down on the 4th line when the team gets healthy and off the team next year as a disappointment.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Vesey looked really good in that one game playing with Kerfoot and Willy (still want to see them together again for at least another game)

But yeah, otherwise he has just been there as mentioned above

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad