Confirmed with Link: TOR sign G Petr Mrazek to 3 year deal, 3.8M AAV

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Sadly what?

Leafs have one of the best value starting goalies in hockey.
But is he one of the best starters in the league?
It’s great to be a good value but we need a legitimate high end starter.
Is he that goalie

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
But is he one of the best starters in the league?
It’s great to be a good value but we need a legitimate high end starter.
Is he that goalie

Leafs were dang good past year even with one goalie faceplanting and both goalies missing significant time to injuries.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Leafs were dang good past year even with one goalie faceplanting and both goalies missing significant time to injuries.
Campbell was decent but he like the rest of the team failed to get the job done when it mattered. I guess I was hoping for more even though I know it couldn’t happen due to the cap
All that aside I hope the new guy can get it done

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Campbell was decent but he like the rest of the team failed to get the job done when it mattered. I guess I was hoping for more even though I know it couldn’t happen due to the cap
All that aside I hope the new guy can get it done

Which goalie out there do you think you can depend on to "get it done"?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
He's making almost 2.5X what Campbell is for 3 years if he's healthy he's the starter.

Not if Campbell plays better he isn't. They'll both play a bunch and whoever plays better will probably end up getting more starts.

The more interesting question to me is, are they working on an extension for Campbell? I sure hope so!

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Not if Campbell plays better he isn't. They'll both play a bunch and whoever plays better will probably end up getting more starts.

The more interesting question to me is, are they working on an extension for Campbell? I sure hope so!

See that's the thing the guy who makes more monet and has job security given his 3 year deal to me that says he's coming in as the guy

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'd want to see what he does next year before addressing that.

That's one way to go for sure, I'd be fine with taking a gamble on him now for maybe a 4 year extension myself as I'm impressed with the way he played and I think he could be had cheap if we do it now. It's a risk either way obviously, if we don't sign him now and he plays great, the price will go way up.

See that's the thing the guy who makes more monet and has job security given his 3 year deal to me that says he's coming in as the guy

Nah, Campbell played great last year, seems pretty clear that they're planning on running a tandem with no clear #1. If someone outplays the other guy by a good margin then that could change but they'll both get their chances. If Campbell plays much better then they're not giving the job to the other guy just because they're paying him more.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Last 3yrs, minimum 2000 shot attempts against (gives us the top-59 most used goalies), sorted by dfsv% - the differential between save percentage and expected save percentage based on shot quality:

Screenshot_20210801-182229_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210801-182250_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Nylander88

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
At one point, every goalie has had a career high of 31 games. Campbell was literally the starter for at least half of the season last year.
Campbell is just starting out his journey. And I'm optimistic. They didn't wanna squash him by bringing in a bonfire career starter, so they brought in a guy who's been a great tandem guy for basically his whole career. It's a smart move. You can't get a league minimum guy, and Campbell stumbles and you have no insurance behind him. Likelihood is they push eachother, and split somewhere around 46 and 35 games. 46 goes to the hottest hand. Really like the Mrazek signing myself

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad