Confirmed with Link: TOR sign C Nick Shore to a 1 year, 750K deal

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Nick, not Devin Shore? Devin is the C who I initially thought we were getting

Don't know much about Nick, but how the hell did he get paid more than Spezza?

Marlies bound?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Don't know much about Nick

Marlies bound?

I'd have it that way, at least to start. Would be a nice guy to have for Bracco and Agostino.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Between Shore, Kerfoot and Spezza 3C and 4C are covered with the outside chance that one of Spezza or Kerfoot more to the wing where they have experience.

The win in all of this is that all 3 are better then Gauthier which improves our team.

My lineup with Hyman out for the first bit of season is as follows:

Mikheyev-Matthews-Nylander
Johnsson-Tavares-Marner
Kerfoot-Spezza-Kapanen
Moore-Shore-Marchment

Shore to me needs to be in the lineup, he is above average on draws, throws the body around, has some grit and speed, can PK effectively. Putting Spezza on 4th line would be a mistake for the Leafs and with Kerfoot being able to play wing put him there.

Reactions: Ricky Bobby

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'd have it that way, at least to start. Would be a nice guy to have for Bracco and Agostino.

Agostino will likely start on the NHL roster. He might be the one to go down when Hyman comes back though

Reactions: kb

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Agostino will likely start on the NHL roster. He might be the one to go down when Hyman comes back though
Yes, this guy has some of what we are lacking. Hitting, grit, etc

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Don't know much about Nick, but how the hell did he get paid more than Spezza?

Marlies bound?

Spezza likely promised a spot on opening night roster. Shore has higher chance of eventually being demoted to Marlies

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
This guy might be one of the better under the radar signings. Nothing to gloat about, but a solid pk replacement for Brown. 4th liner that I see switching strong side faceoffs with either petan, goat, or spezza

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
With all of these centres including Shore signed, I wonder where that leaves goat? Marlies bound? Traded for a 4th?
Considering our organizational depth at center isn't the strongest (beyond the obvious) my hope is that they'll see who earns the NHL spots in camp among everybody and then gauge League interest accordingly.

Reactions: smitty10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad