Confirmed Trade: [TOR/SEA] Mark Giordano (50% retained) and Colin Blackwell for 2022 2nd, 2023 2nd, 2024 3rd (Pt.2)

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Not a bad pick up, adds some needed depth and the cost is decent. The Atlantic is just a meat grinder this year.

This second thread is night and day compared to the sewer of the first one.

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
Blackwell is the best part of this deal. Leafs fans are going to love him.

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
If this deal just makes them harder to play against…tougher in general…I’m happy. One of the main things they need.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
Really looking forward to the next game as Giordano and Blackwell are solid pickups.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I mean, Dubas has addressed the Leafs perceived weakness every single offseason, and then every single post season they Leafs big players fail to show up (Marner, Matthews, Tavares, Freddy). I'm not really what more Dubas can do to give this core a shot at winning without completely dismantling it. At some point it falls on the players. I know the HF special would be to move all the Leafs star players but that is something that happens extremely rarely in real world scenarios.

Also, wouldn't say Dubas is feeling the heat, if he was worried about his own position he would have moved the 1st rounder, don't you think?
yeah, idk. it is very complicated to build an NHL team when you really get to thinking about every little aspect of it. i think you're right that toronto could definitely use a little shakeup of the core. you guys don't need a fire sale, just something that says complacency won't be acceptable anymore, and that the GM isn't afraid to make a major move with a group that hasn't done anything when it really matters. just gonna be hard to move marner/matthews/tavares with those huge cap hits. the other guy, reilly, i wouldn't trade. so it has to be one of the forwards.

yes though, i do think he's feeling the heat. the core can't win, but dubas won't switch it up. toronto is the highest of high pressure markets and i think the leafs might have benefitted more from NOT making the little tinkery types of moves that dubas has over the years. sometimes it seems like he is just moving guys to move them, that he's shying away from making a 'big' move because of the whole toronto-hockey universe shitstorm it would cause. don't forget, he's a young GM. he's gonna be more sensitive to those kinds of pressures. it's just part of being young.

anyways, that's my two or three cents. hope it was coherent enough to understand

Last edited:

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I mean, Dubas has addressed the Leafs perceived weakness every single offseason, and then every single post season they Leafs big players fail to show up (Marner, Matthews, Tavares, Freddy). I'm not really what more Dubas can do to give this core a shot at winning without completely dismantling it. At some point it falls on the players. I know the HF special would be to move all the Leafs star players but that is something that happens extremely rarely in real world scenarios.

Also, wouldn't say Dubas is feeling the heat, if he was worried about his own position he would have moved the 1st rounder, don't you think?

This is entirely true.

The core has to be the ones to lead this team, not deadline players.

Tampa, Boston, Colorado and Florida didn’t make trades hoping their deadline players would be leading them to a cup.

They have their core players for that.

Leafs core has a lot to prove and a lot to learn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad