Trade: [TOR/SD] Yangervis Solarte for Edward Olivares and Jared Carkuff

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Lol, I have nothing against him. I’m just revisiting signings and trades at the end of the season to see how they panned out

Sure, it just seems like you're reacting to his year like it's the Chris Davis situation when the headline should read something like this.

'Tweener depth player has inconsistent year and struggles after showing early promise'

Like I suppose he's under performed on the whole but no one was expecting him to be an all-star or anything. You can call him god awful if you want and no one is going to defend him saying that he was amazing or close to it but it just seems harsh given he was such a minor blip in the offseason and regular season.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Sure, it just seems like you're reacting to his year like it's the Chris Davis situation when the headline should read something like this.

'Tweener depth player has inconsistent year and struggles after showing early promise'

Like I suppose he's under performed on the whole but no one was expecting him to be an all-star or anything. You can call him god awful if you want and no one is going to defend him saying that he was amazing or close to it but it just seems harsh given he was such a minor blip in the offseason and regular season.
You sure are getting defensive over what I’m assuming is your team’s bad depth player. All I’m saying is he had a terrible year. He has the 3rd worst WAR among qualified players. Saying he was awful isn’t “harsh”. It’s the truth

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
You sure are getting defensive over what I’m assuming is your team’s bad depth player. All I’m saying is he had a terrible year. He has the 3rd worst WAR among qualified players. Saying he was awful isn’t “harsh”. It’s the truth

Against expectations though is what I'm talking about. I get that you're doing a recap of signings and trades and stuff so it's not really a big deal it's just that no one really expected him to be good so yeah, he's been bad... but so what?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Against expectations though is what I'm talking about. I get that you're doing a recap of signings and trades and stuff so it's not really a big deal it's just that no one really expected him to be good so yeah, he's been bad... but so what?
If you don’t think it’s worth discussing, why are you replying to my posts? :huh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad