Confirmed with Link: TOR Promotes Jim Paliafito | Hire 3 New Amateur Scouts

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Assuming you mean Czech Republic, lol.

Chechnya

No, I meant Czechia. I thought there was an 'n' in there, but Czechia is what the Czech Republic is supposed to be to English speakers since like 2016.

Chechnya is some Russian place that people often get it confused with. I knew the difference, I just spelt it wrong :laugh:

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
No, I meant Czechia. I thought there was an 'n' in there, but Czechia is what the Czech Republic is supposed to be to English speakers since like 2016.

Chechnya is some Russian place that people often get it confused with. I knew the difference, I just spelt it wrong :laugh:
It's the official short form, but 'Czech Republic' is still very much acceptable - According to Wikipedia, at least :P

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Jimmy played a huge role in Nikita signing in Toronto,” said Milstein, who took over from Zaitsev’s original agent, Mike Liut. “Jimmy found him, identified him, kept in touch with him regularly.”
“He did everything for me,” said Zaitsev. “He did a huge job to bring me here. He’s an unbelievable guy.”
Said Milstein: “I think people probably underestimate what Jim does for that organization. You don’t hear his name at all. He sets up everything.

I guess Zaitsev's agent was lying when he said "He found him"

The Paliafito file: How little-known scout has become big player with Maple Leafs
I would say "found him" is being loosely used as a term. Zaitsev was well known before we even hired Paliafito, due to the fact he played for a flagship KHL team and had previously played for Russia at the World Championships. Now, Paliafito being the lead recruiter and point man isn't surprising, and achieving that task is an impressive boon to his CV.

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
I would say "found him" is being loosely used as a term. Zaitsev was well known before we even hired Paliafito, due to the fact he played for a flagship KHL team and had previously played for Russia at the World Championships. Now, Paliafito being the lead recruiter and point man isn't surprising, and achieving that task is an impressive boon to his CV.
Fair enough. I think the bottom line is that retaining Paliafito is great for the Leafs. Happy he didn't leave with Hunter.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
MTMyMjQ.gif

Reactions: Marshy and 93LEAFS

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
For some odd reason I was wondering on my lunch break today - what is the highest level Dubas played (if he played at all), or is he a good player....
He had to stop playing sometime in his teen years (can’t remember the age but I believe AAA but I may be wrong) due to concussion issues. He forgot a year of his life temporarily as well as important details and some basic motor skills, temporarily of course.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
He had to stop playing sometime in his teen years (can’t remember the age but I believe AAA but I may be wrong) due to concussion issues. He forgot a year of his life temporarily as well as important details and some basic motor skills, temporarily of course.

Apparently the ghost of Sam Pollock saw the opportunity and jumped into the awaiting vessel, Dubas has been good at off-ice hockey stuff since.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Apparently the ghost of Sam Pollock saw the opportunity and jumped into the awaiting vessel, Dubas has been good at off-ice hockey stuff since.
His whole life he’s been doing off ice hockey stuff, starting as the greyhounds stick boy. The Athletic has a fantastic article on his path.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad