Trade: [TOR/PIT] Francisco Liriano, H. Ramirez & McGuire to the Blue Jays for Drew Hutchison

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Stick Dickey in the pen, that guy is a huge liability.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Dear lord, I step out for a few days and find out McGuire was part of the deal too?

I go from "OK this makes... some sense" to full on Jags fan meme.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
This is a total disaster for the Pirates. In four months of disastrous play, the Liriano extension went from an incredibly sly and bargain deal for a #2 starter to an apparent albatross that the Pirates were too cheap to just suck up and ride out.

Hutchison is a stab in the dark. Maybe he really puts it together and is a slightly above league average pitcher for a few years, but the Pirates just took a sledge hammer to their second tier prospect depth to save 14 million. Completely abysmal... hard to imagine that we couldn't have made a serious offer for Moore given this debacle.

Were you really expecting them to do that tho?

Also the money wouldn't have worked out (for the second bolded). The prospects would have gotten you Moore but then you'd have too many starters and more money on payroll. Liriano makes almost double Moore next season. Literally 0 chance the Rays would have taken him.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Dear lord, I step out for a few days and find out McGuire was part of the deal too?

I go from "OK this makes... some sense" to full on Jags fan meme.

Pretty much. Clear salary dump.

Mad Brills*

So liriano may have kept sanchez in the rotation for the time being.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad