Confirmed with Link: [TOR/OTT] TOR acquires F Gabriel Gagne from OTT for F Morgan Klimchuk

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Pretty amazing how many Leaf fans just KNOW a prospect is a complete bust around here...

So can we go down the Leafs entire list of prospects and write "BUST" next to all of them except Liljegren?
He's no Carter Ashton.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
He's no Carter Ashton.
"We had a prospect we got in a trade bust in the past, so let's NEVER trade for a prospect again! The same thing might happen! Only trade for prospects if they're absolutely DESTROYING the league they're in! Wait, why won't anyone trade with us anymore? Our trade proposals are outrageous?"

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
"We had a prospect we got in a trade bust in the past, so let's NEVER trade for a prospect again! The same thing might happen! Only trade for prospects if they're absolutely DESTROYING the league they're in! Wait, why won't anyone trade with us anymore? Our trade proposals are outrageous?"
Geezus dude have a pint and relax.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Just a handshake on the Mark Stone for Connor Brown trade deal-line deal.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
He had decent numbers when he was on Belleville's 2nd line last year. Albeit theyre small, his chances of being an NHL player are higher than Klimchuk's so I like it.
He's no Carter Ashton.
upload_2019-1-11_19-42-38.png

The trade is one for one

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
AHL trade threads are almost as bad as GDTs/PGTs.

"Who?"
"I don't care"
"Nothing for nothing"
"What's the point?
"Herp derp was waiting for the NHL 18 McDavid trade but we got this instead, GM isn't doing his job properly."

bonjovi0308

Jan 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Pretty amazing how many Leaf fans just KNOW a prospect is a complete bust around here...

So can we go down the Leafs entire list of prospects and write "BUST" next to all of them except Liljegren?
This one is pretty mild considering how many ppl here already wrote off Bracco since day 1, and are still saying he's a bust

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
This one is pretty mild considering how many ppl here already wrote off Bracco since day 1, and are still saying he's a bust
That's sort of what I was getting at, going straight from the Bracco thread (where a huge group think he's a bust already) to here ("Oh, I don't know this guy, but he's not scoring a ton in the AHL. BUST!")...

Reactions: bonjovi0308

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
This Dubas’ diabolically genius plan to call Bergevin in Montreal to offer Gagne and Gauthier for Domi.

Bergy won’t be able to refuse getting two French guys for a kid with Toronto genes.

Brilliant plan, Dubas!!! Well played, sir.

skacore

Nov 7, 2010
I like it. Our current big French boy is working out nicely, let's add another. 2 years younger, similar junior/AHL stats, maybe they'll be 2/3 of our future 4th line!

Then again, I've never seen him play.

NCoRe

Dec 30, 2007
Seinäjoki
Diss him if ya feel like it, but I'mma just say: Welcome to Maple Leafs Double G, hopefully you get a good start and a nice development path with the Marlies. Looking forward of seeing you with the Leafs one day

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Looks like the analytics people see 6'5" and low AHL numbers and are already getting catty.

Klimchuk was no prize. We basically just traded a 2015 third rounder for a second rounder.

Reactions: bonjovi0308

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

For a lot of years, we'd see the Leafs draft big stupid players like Devane and wish we had gone for small skill guys like Tatar. But I never thought the pendulum would swing so far the other way that when you see a minor league deal with no downside or much real upside as something to complain about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad