Confirmed with Link: [TOR/OTT] TOR acquires F Gabriel Gagne from OTT for F Morgan Klimchuk

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Gabriel Gagne

Gabriel Gagne Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

upload_2019-1-11_12-1-51.png

And we need ANOTHER RW ... because ? Dubas knows Nylander is gone July 1 ?
Any other reason ?
:popcorn:

Reactions: ToneDog

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I believe that guys of his size traditionally take longer to develop. Great no-risk gamble here.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Not even ppg as an overager in the chl tells me all I need to know.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
been waiting to see a link pop up on HF that says "confirmed with link" Leafs acquire X D-man

every time i see the trade thread "confirmed with link" i think Leafs finally traded for a D-man only to see that it has been a forward move for marlies

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Honestly big guys take time to develop. 22 and that production is concerning but he can still be a 4th or even 3rd line winger in 2-3 years if the Leafs can get him to work on his play away from the puck.

Imagine a guy that big who is a monster on the forecheck and might even be willing to scrape a few times a year. Would give the team an element they lack.

And they didn't waste a draft pick on him either.

Reactions: Cobra777 and Jeypic

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Could be a cheap 4th line option for the Leafs someday - him and Gauthier together would be 2/3 of a very big fourth line.

Just sad we never really found out how much wood a Klimchuk could chuck

Gagne would need waivers next year, and a new contract, but I doubt either are a concern for the Leafs. However they may decide he's not worth the contract, unless he really impresses (i.e. similar to Carcone right now).

At the same time, I doubt they are worried about contract spots as much as opportunity for next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad