Proposal: TOR-NYR

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
More importantly, why are you offering your opinion on a team you don't watch?

Because eye test equals bias and numbers don't?

Show me one thing I said that wasn't true. Are you guys not the 10th worst team since 2008 in xGF%? Are you not the worst by xGA/60 in that same time?

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Because eye test equals bias and numbers don't?

Show me one thing I said that wasn't true. Are you guys not the 10th worst team since 2008 in xGF%? Are you not the worst by xGA/60 in that same time?

You were arguing Kerfoots value in comparison to Strome and Georgiev’s. The discussion here are the players, not the team’s advanced analytics.

Not sure where the hell you’re attempting to take this conversation to.

And yes, the eye test still does matter in the real world.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
While this particular offer doesn't move the needle for me, I can already sense that Rangers fans are going to overestimate the value of goaltenders just like they did with Talbot. We ended up getting belly button lint for Talbot.

If we ended up with a low 1st or something of equivalent value for Georgiev, I'd throw a party.

While I would agree that is the case, I think the issue with this particular proposal is because it is a downgrade at both positions AND we are retaining on Strome (IDC if he is a RFA at the end of the year or not).

Reactions: Machinehead

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
40 points in his last 50 games...
28 to 35 points per season scored the past 4 seasons before this one. Kerfoot scored 40-45 points each of his last two seasons. Strome has had a hot start with big minutes on a team without much depth. I wouldn't crown him just yet, last time that happened was 5 years ago when he scored 50 points. No one has seen a total like that from him since and the season is still young.

DutchNYR

May 6, 2018
28 to 35 points per season scored the past 4 seasons before this one. Kerfoot scored 40-45 points each of his last two seasons. Strome has had a hot start with big minutes on a team without much depth. I wouldn't crown him just yet, last time that happened was 5 years ago when he scored 50 points. No one has seen a total like that from him since and the season is still young.

Oh yeah, I get that, but for all the sh*t he has been given, he has been doing pretty well since joining the Rangers. He's not a .ppg player by any means, but the usual suspects (read: Leafs fans) are talking out of that place the sun doesn't shine, once again.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Sample size of Strome being good is small.

No, it really isn't. Dating back to juniors Strome has always produced. He put up 50 points in 81 games for the Islanders in 2014 - 2015. He was above .5 points per game with us last year and frankly, prior to this year Edmonton has been where players careers go to die.

It isn't like we are talking about a guy that has always lacked offensive talent and is finally breaking out. The talent has been there for Strome.

Reactions: Kupo

landeskog11

Jan 14, 2012
if anyone watched that game vs tampa bay Georgiev looked a lot like Hutchinson, tampa won 9-3, hard pass

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016

Strome is being given minutes and producing......isn't that the definition of what a teams hopes their players do?

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
if anyone watched that game vs tampa bay Georgiev looked a lot like Hutchinson, tampa won 9-3, hard pass
That bum piece of shit Patty Roy was dumped for a conditional 7th bc of one game.

Did you see what hasek did on 11/4/01?

LOL .643 Sv%? Joke player. Never had a good game again. Certainly didn't have 2 shutouts in a row later that year and damn sure didn't pitch 6 shutouts in that years playoffs in his way to a cup win

Last edited:

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Oh yeah, I get that, but for all the sh*t he has been given, he has been doing pretty well since joining the Rangers. He's not a .ppg player by any means, but the usual suspects (read: Leafs fans) are talking out of that place the sun doesn't shine, once again.
Good reminder. I always forget that only Leafs fans are dumb around here. For a second there I thought we could have a reasonable debate.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
HF NYR has some of the most consistently stupid posters on HF. On the whole we compound it with completely unearned arrogance

Tor fans apologized for the crap ass takes of some of their fellow fans.

So this comment warrants you apologizing

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
But like you said, he did put up 50 points in his first full season. So, it's not like he hasn't done it before.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
But like you said, he did put up 50 points in his first full season. So, it's not like he hasn't done it before.
I like the player and think he can do it. I think he's been an underachiever thus far, even if he doesn't, he's a good 3rd line center. I think just based on resumes to claim him the better player when compared with Kerfoot given his inability to produce a high level of points for a long time is a minor stretch. If he does it this year, everyone will look at him differently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad