Proposal: TOR-NYR

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
While this particular offer doesn't move the needle for me, I can already sense that Rangers fans are going to overestimate the value of goaltenders just like they did with Talbot. We ended up getting belly button lint for Talbot.

If we ended up with a low 1st or something of equivalent value for Georgiev, I'd throw a party.

We got underpaid on Talbot, but that was chiefly b'c Slats overplayed his hand. Issue was not Cam's talent, or a handful of needed suitors creating a projection of a 10-16OA return until overnight 2 or 3 possible buyers went elsewhere. That was on Slats, entirely.
I would love to know the actual pieces involved to report of Sharks offering 9OA + for Talbot +.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Lol because Kerfoot is the most valuable piece in the trade.

Actually very clearly he is. Unless you believe Ryan Strome or a backup/prospect goalie are more valuable than a very good play driving/defensive 3C on a cheap contract for 2.75 more years.

Doesn't make sense for the Leafs.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Actually very clearly he is. Unless you believe Ryan Strome or a backup/prospect goalie are more valuable than a very good play driving/defensive 3C on a cheap contract for 2.75 more years.

Doesn't make sense for the Leafs.

That's funny. Ryan strome is currently manning the top line quite effectively and Georgiev has been as good or better than Lundqvist.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
That's funny. Ryan strome is currently manning the top line quite effectively and Georgiev has been as good or better than Lundqvist.

Panarin makes anyone look effective, and Lundqvist is 37 years old on what today is the 10th worst overall xGF% team since 2007-08 and the worst by xGA/60.

Not exactly scorching takes you got there.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018

That says more about how crappy a team the Rangers are than the players themselves. Strome is garbage, the guy is going to be in Europe soon. Georgiev is nice tho.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Panarin makes anyone look effective, and Lundqvist is 37 years old on what today is the 10th worst overall xGF% team since 2007-08 and the worst by xGA/60.

Not exactly scorching takes you got there.

Strome has only picked up where he left off last season with the Rangers and Lundqvist still has a .905 save% despite the defense in front of him bleeding out shots against. If you’ve seen the charts on him, he’s been one of the most effective goalies in the league in relation to work load.

Please tell us more about how you don’t watch the Rangers.

Reactions: Kupo

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Strome has only picked up where he left off last season with the Rangers and Lundqvist still has a .905 save% despite the defense in front of him bleeding out shots against. If you’ve seen the charts on him, he’s been one of the most effective goalies in the league in relation to work load.

Why would anyone want to watch the Rangers?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Kerfoot, Woll for Georgiev/Shestyorkin, Strome @50%

Leafs get a competent backup, and a rental 3C.

Rangers get a 3C with term to replace Strome and a younger goalie with pedigree.

Leafs have to give up something else in this deal, AND NY wouldn't be retaining.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Geo, Smith and 2021 2nd
for
2020 1st [top 15 protected] OR 2021 1st unprotected (depends on who Canes take based on where leafs finish)
Liljigren
Barrie 2.7 + Marincin .7, expiring

Start with a post unfair to NY..... and you end up with something like this.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
You don’t have to want to watch, just stop talking about them and acting like you know more than the fans who watch every game when it’s clear as day that you know nothing about them.

I don’t care what you watch.

Okay, then don't pretend like you understand Kerfoot's value? Seeing how I base both on statistics .....

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Shestyorkin is still the heir even if George has looked great in a year or so. Shestyorkin is a safe bet with elite numbers at every level. Keeping George long term is not realistic. If there's a goalie market for him for a 2nd, we trade him and roll Henrik/Igor 50/50 until Henrik's contract is up and then if Henrik wants to re-sign for 1yr/$2M going forward. The Rangers aren't built to win right now. Staal/Smith/Lundqvist/Shattenkirk/Girardi are still on the books for $25M next year. Keeping George for another <2 years doesn't help us win or draft high. If we didn't have Shestyorkin ready to be called up right now, maybe we keep George indefinitely until our hands are forced with 3 NHL goalies but we are almost to that point now. The only way to keep both Igor and George in 2020/2021 is to buyout Henrik with 1 year left on his deal but then it'd be a lot easier to just trade George for a pick and roll Henrik/Igor until 2021/2022 comes then either re-sign Henrik cheap or find any good cheap backup for a solid starter in Shestyorkin.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Okay, then don't pretend like you understand Kerfoot's value? Seeing how I base both on statistics .....
Kerfoot has no value to us. Value he has for the leafs doesn't really matter here since we're not trying to acquire him. Rangers need a consistent good #2 option. Not a great #3 option. Yeah, Strome benefits from playing with talent, but who cares? He's getting the job done, and as long as he's getting the job done, he holds more value to us.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

That's cause Strome was playing with Panarin last year too.

Oh.. Wait...

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
That says more about how crappy a team the Rangers are than the players themselves. Strome is garbage, the guy is going to be in Europe soon. Georgiev is nice tho.

Strome has been nothing short of "good" since getting here from the Oil.
He has 18pts in 18 games this season on a pretty bad Ranger team.
Given the right circumstances, he can play very effectively.....as he has shown since getting here.
This might be the 1 guy DQ has not mismanaged.

Reactions: slg1963

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

Except I never commented on Kerfoot’s value, just your horribly inaccurate evaluation of Rangers players that you tried to shove down our throats as if it were the word of god himself.

Thought you can feel free to find where I commented on Kerfoot’s value. If you can do so, that is. I’ll wait.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Good lord.

NYR untouchables: Zibanejad (unless massive overpayment at a deadline or at the draft), Kakko, Kravtsov, Fox, Trouba (see Zibanejad), Shestyorkin, Miller, Lundkvist, Chytil.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad