Proposal: TOR-NSH

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
I'll probably get lynched for this, but I'd rather have Ekholm. I like defenders who can, y'know, defend...

Reilly's skillset also seems somewhat redundant when you already have offensive minded guys like Josi & Ellis around

I don't think Leaf fans will like it either tbh

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
We have guys who play a similar game to Morgan Reilly in Josi, Ellis, Fabbro, Carrier, Davies and Farrance.

If we're moving Ekholm we don't want a defenseman older than 25 and no other assets.

Moot point anyway because we're in a playoff spot and probably won't sell key guys. Ask again after expansion, and even then it'll be 1st + Prospect or a top prospect and minor pieces.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I'll probably get lynched for this, but I'd rather have Ekholm. I like defenders who can, y'know, defend...

Reilly's skillset also seems somewhat redundant when you already have offensive minded guys like Josi & Ellis around

I don't think Leaf fans will like it either tbh

Pretty much.

Rielly can put up a ton of offense and is actually a fairly good two-way defender, so we have no reason to move him for a guy like Ekholm. We would have no high end offensively capable puck movers in a system that is predicated upon them. I think we cover much of what we'd get with Ekholm with Muzzin, and we don't really need another Muzzin on our defense at the cost of Rielly.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Pretty much.

Rielly can put up a ton of offense and is actually a fairly good two-way defender, so we have no reason to move him for a guy like Ekholm. We would have no high end offensively capable puck movers in a system that is predicated upon them. I think we cover much of what we'd get with Ekholm with Muzzin, and we don't really need another Muzzin on our defense at the cost of Rielly.
Where it makes sense, is when you look at what their next contracts will be, and a flat cap world.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Where it makes sense, is when you look at what their next contracts will be, and a flat cap world.
Both of their contract expire at the same time, both d-man will be looking for a contract north of 6M / season. No way they sign under what Myers got on the open market.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Off-season you mean? You're not really thinking the Leafs (or Preds) would do this right now, are you? If this is a trade proposal for pre-deadline, it's asinine.

Leafs trading away (arguably) their top defenceman, who has been there since before the lottery pick days, with the team's best chance to go deep in decades, and you thank him for his service by shipping him out for an upgrade with less than 20 games left in the season? Then pray that Ekholm, after clearing quarantine fits in with his new partner, system and team before the playoffs start.

I'm sure Reilly's current teammates would love it too. Can't speak to Nashville fans/team but the Preds are in a playoff spot right now so for similar reasons.

Asinine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad