Confirmed with Link: [TOR/NSH] TOR acquires Nicolas Baptiste from NSH

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Not a headline generator like the Muzzin trade, but gotta keep up with our divisional rival nevertheless. ;)

Wonder if there are any more irons in the fire with less than 24 hrs. to go?

Clark showed same jam in the preseason, but I guess it was preseason.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Saw him all through minor hockey into junior was a good power forward type when a kid, good scorer in the OHL as well. Never really took off in the AHL I guess and I lost track of him. Had a real mean streak but judging from penalty minutes at least he hasnt really been extra truculent in the pros, veteran presence for the Marlies it seems.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Marlies were at 46 contract spots before this move. So adding him for nothing makes sense.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Why did they trade both guys for future considerations? Why not just do it 1 for 1?

Might be to open up contract spots, each pro team can only have so many signed players between its pro and minor system

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Nicholas Baptiste 95 birthday.
RW, shoots right
6’1, 206
SCOUTING REPORT
Has good scoring instincts and projectable size. Skates very well and understands how to get into open ice to force defenses' hands. Also has some grit to his game. Is a versatile forward. Needs to start playing a more consistent brand of hockey in order to maximize his scoring output as a professional. Also needs to get stronger to better handle bigger defensemen.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If a trade like this happened four years ago, everyone would have been plugging him into the next year's second line.
He obviously has to get his game sorted out but provides 4th line training camp competition in the event we need to move Brown.

Moore/Baptiste/Lindholm/Goat/Ennis again? could all be look at options.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad