Confirmed with Link: [TOR/NSH] Ben Harpur for Miikka Salomaki

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Funny hot take I heard on Edmonton radio today with some Toronto media guy.

"Harpur thew a hard body check in a game thats how you knew his days were numbered."

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
A guy like Dylan DeMelo could probably play on our first pairing the way the defense has gone and he went to Winnipeg for a third round pick. He's developed into a solid RHD who plays actual defense and not some sloppy rover version of it.

I guess the Leafs were too busy planning out the Marlies playoff run this year to have bothered.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
He's got a lot of the dirt bag Komarov style in his game. Chippy, dirty at times and built like a small tank.

Don't know why but I got a soft spot in my heart for Finnish players, a lot of them play a Canadian style of game.

It appears that Dubas is targeting a type of player that can be called "aggressive" first Clifford, then Salomaki.

Miikka Salomaki • LW
Ht/Wt:5'11", 203 lbs.
Born: Mar 9, 1993 (26 yrs) in Raahe, FIN
Experience: 5 years
Drafted: Drafted by Nashville in 2011 (2/52).
Acquired: Acquired in a trade with Nashville in 2020.
Shoots: L

SCOUTING REPORT
Has plenty of appeal as a complementary winger, since he has good puck skills, a strong lower base and two-way ability. Will play the body regularly and also play a shutdown role if required. Can play either wing position. Doesn't have elite hands or top-end creativity, nor is he overly big for the National Hockey League game, so injuries are a factor here. Also, he must prove he can play a physical game with greater consistency.
Long Range Potential: Versatile, physical winger, when healthy.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Basically an improvement on Timashov height, but with same grit. A little less skilled than Timashov...but Timashov isn't put into position to thrive offensively anyway. Would not be surprised if Timashov is traded considering the rumour he or his agent asked for a trade.

Reactions: Nylander88

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
A guy like Dylan DeMelo could probably play on our first pairing the way the defense has gone and he went to Winnipeg for a third round pick. He's developed into a solid RHD who plays actual defense and not some sloppy rover version of it.

I guess the Leafs were too busy planning out the Marlies playoff run this year to have bothered.
President of the Harpur fan club.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Salomaki actually has some interesting numbers. He does nothing offensively but Played 65% of his shifts against top competition and rarely got scored against (he ranks in the 100th percentile in goals against and 98th percentile in shots against). Seems like a guy who grinds and plays well defensively. I think Kyle Dubas might call him up to add more low-event hockey to the team.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

Lethalsniper007

Aug 2, 2005
So what’s going on with him is he playing with the leafs ? I mean we waived timashov will he take his spot ?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Salomaki actually has some interesting numbers. He does nothing offensively but Played 65% of his shifts against top competition and rarely got scored against (he ranks in the 100th percentile in goals against and 98th percentile in shots against). Seems like a guy who grinds and plays well defensively. I think Kyle Dubas might call him up to add more low-event hockey to the team.

I suspect some anomalous statistic is why they acquired him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad