Confirmed with Link: [TOR/NSH] Ben Harpur for Miikka Salomaki

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
So now that Barrie might be hurt, we trade away D depth?

Harpur played NHL games last season. He was a good plan C if we hit injuries. We better find D depth by Monday.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Another ahler for a maybe nhler.

Salomaki is definitely an AHLer, and one who likely will not be brought back next year.

He does help out the Marlies, adding another physical element to replace Marchment and Archibald, but that's it. Marlies have a good balance of talented skill and grit up front now. Key word being talented.

Reactions: Menzinger

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
So now that Barrie might be hurt, we trade away D depth?

Harpur played NHL games last season. He was a good plan C if we hit injuries. We better find D depth by Monday.

I think the trade was down prior to the injury

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Salomaki is definitely an AHLer, and one who likely will not be brought back next year.

He does help out the Marlies, adding another physical element to replace Marchment and Archibald, but that's it. Marlies have a good balance of talented skill and grit up front now. Key word being talented.

I actually always liked Salomaki when he played for the Preds. Not sure if he's better than anyone on the Leafs roster but he can play in the NHL for sure. Decent call up option. More of an NHLer than Harpur.

Reactions: Eye Test

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I actually always liked Salomaki when he played for the Preds. Not sure if he's better than anyone on the Leafs roster but he can play in the NHL for sure. Decent call up option. More of an NHLer than Harpur.

He's 'meh'. He brings physicality and works hard, but does not really excel at anything. You could do a lot worse for a 4th liner, but you can also do a lot better, and we probably have 5+ better options than him if we need a 4th liner right now.

I'll take him on the Marlies top 9, even though he only has 15 points in 45 games so far this year.

Harpur would be stuck in a crowded defensive mix once Rielly and Ceci come back and the call ups come back to the Marlies, so I am not overly upset. He was pretty good for the Marlies though.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Added NHL experience, but traded a pending RFA for a pending UFA. Imagine the team wasn't going to qualify Harpur anyway. Probably just a depth move in the grand scheme.

Reactions: Keon1963

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad