Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Michael Hutchinson signs extension (1 year, $700K)

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Good deal for the Leafs. He's as good as any other backup they've had, and is probably a good enough placeholder until they find a real goalie to fill that role.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I like it. Anyone but Sparks. If someone better comes around the Leafs would have no problem paying him 750 to play for the Marlies

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Was he that bad?
I don't know.

I was a big Sparks supporter at training camp. I watched almost all the Leafs games on TV. He lost me when he couldn't catch unscreened shots from the point.

I reached the lay conclusion that he's a nice young man who has worked hard, accomplished a lot and made the most of his abilities but just does not have the skill and natural abilities to oplay at the NHL level.

There's no shame in that -- there's lots of other places for a good pro goalie to play, and he is a good pro even if not an NHL-calibre goaltender.

Just my opinion, but I have a pretty strong hunch that Mike Babcock is thinking along the same lines, and that's what counts.

He is a goner here.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Nice to see he is still making good money, long after quitting as the lead singer of INXS.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I don't know.

I was a big Sparks supporter at training camp. I watched almost all the Leafs games on TV. He lost me when he couldn't catch unscreened shots from the point.

I reached the lay conclusion that he's a nice young man who has worked hard, accomplished a lot and made the most of his abilities but just does not have the skill and natural abilities to oplay at the NHL level.

There's no shame in that -- there's lots of other places for a good pro goalie to play, and he is a good pro even if not an NHL-calibre goaltender.

Just my opinion, but I have a pretty strong hunch that Mike Babcock is thinking along the same lines, and that's what counts.

He is a goner here.

I somehow get the impression that Babcock spends exactly 0 time thinking about goalies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
This might be the saddest thread on HF. Dubas really needs to have something more tangible to present to his bosses. Hutch, Marleau, Mango, and Kap just isn't enough.

TOR's gaping holes are still there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad