Speculation: TOR may have to acquire another goalie

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Posted in the main board thread, just claim McKenna for a warm body. Send Kaskisuo (spelling?) back to the Marlies.

Hutch starts, McKenna is the backup and ideally never plays. Andersen probably wont be out for an extended period of time.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
is there anyone without a job worth considering, like a Steve Mason? Andersen's timeline should be more important than Sparks', if Andersen is close to a return then I'm not scared of Hutchison in the backup role for a while at all

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Agree with putting in a waiver claim on McKenna. Not as pressing a need if Andersen's return is fairly imminent, but a need nonetheless with Sparks out for an extended and unknown amount of time.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Works out for us because..McKenna just went on waivers..whatever happened to Mike Condon? AHL?

Something Dubas couldn't have seen coming ..more than a goalie this may force him to get a top 4 RHD..good D make goalies look good. I actually liked Hutch today..much better positioning and rebound control vs sparks

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Works out for us because..McKenna just went on waivers..whatever happened to Mike Condon? AHL?

Something Dubas couldn't have seen coming ..more than a goalie this may force him to get a top 4 RHD..good D make goalies look good. I actually liked Hutch today..much better positioning and rebound control vs sparks

i think he was waived a while ago, i wanted him

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Not sure Babs says that if Andersen is close. Sparks being out is only an issue if Freddie is gone too, otherwise you just run Hutch as the backup, Kask can surely stay up for another game or two. Bit worried he's publicly saying that, its not Sparks that necessitates another move it's Freddie. Is this going to be a lingering thing? Sportsnet also said Dubas made comments pregame out the backups playing more? What was that all about?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Mckenna for free. they arent giving up assets for a #4 or #5 tender

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Not sure Babs says that if Andersen is close. Sparks being out is only an issue if Freddie is gone too, otherwise you just run Hutch as the backup, Kask can surely stay up for another game or two. Bit worried he's publicly saying that, its not Sparks that necessitates another move it's Freddie. Is this going to be a lingering thing? Sportsnet also said Dubas made comments pregame out the backups playing more? What was that all about?

In reading the tweet again, what you typed about Andersen unfortunately seems plausible. Looks like an extended opportunity for Hutch in one role or another, in any case. Here's hoping he can re-establish himself at the NHL level.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Mike McKenna is also a solid AHL goaltender. Worst case he becomes a much needed marlies starter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad